Nutty Irishman Cocktail
Creamy and nutty, the Nutty Irishman Cocktail is a warm, festive after-dinner coffee drink. So easy to make and amazingly delectable, you may be tempted to start your day with this fabulous libation.
Nutty Irishman Cocktail
Sooooo….remember the Nutty Irishman Cupcakes? I made them several years ago and they were an instant hit! Well, some of you had never heard of their very enticing, very tempting cocktail inspiration. And being the problem solver that I am….I decided to share my version with you.
My newly created version, as far as cocktails go. I don’t make a ton of cocktails, actually…I’m more of a wine bottle cork popper. Sometimes I’ll make something I’ve had at a restaurant….like the most amazing Chocolate Martini on the planet….but for the most part I stick to the vino. It’s easy, there’s no mixing of the vino…pour and go. That’s about my speed.
What is a Nutty Irishman?
Technically…a Nutty Irishman is actually a cocktail made up of Irish Whiskey, Bailey’s and Frangelico that does not include coffee, unlike an Irish coffee. It can be served warm or on the rocks and it’s a very strong cocktail that’s super tasty but I like it with a bit of coffee and Kahlua stirred in for fun. And caffeine.
My version is more like a Nutty Irishman Latte….heavy on the foam….which is actually whipped cream. (and if you ask me….that’s what lattes should be topped with anyway, am I right?)
The Nutty Irishman is a super fancy Irish Coffee recipe that’s been spiked pretty heavily with whiskey, Kahlua, Bailey’s and Frangelico. It’s a little sweet all on it’s own so I don’t add sugar to this recipe but you can if you really want it to be a little sweeter. Keep in mind that I’m a “almost black” coffee drinker so I like my coffee stronger rather than sweet.
Ingredients You Will Need
The main ingredients in a Nutty Irishman Coffee are:
- Coffee. I like to use a medium roast but use your favorite.
- Irish Whiskey
- Bailey’s Irish Cream (or other Irish Cream)
But since the Nutty Irishman cocktail is like dessert, it’s totally acceptable to go super sweet if you prefer. I like to top mine with a mountain of whipped cream and some festive sprinkles, just to be…you know…festive. And then it’s really like dessert.
The problem with this Nutty Irishman recipe is it’s so easy to make. You may be tempted to whip one up on a whim, like first thing in the morning….nobody would even know your secret. You could be a closet drinker before the workday begins. Which could be a lot of fun.
What is Frangelico liqueur?
Frangelico is a pale gold color liqueur that is made from Tonda Gentile hazelnuts, flavored with cocoa and vanilla beans. It’s fantastic served on it’s own as a cordial but it shines in the cocktail recipes it’s added to for it’s subtle nutty flavor.
More Festive Cocktail Recipes
So, if you’re not a big fan of the Nutty Irishman (we can’t be friends…but besides that) you can find some amazing reader favorites right here to toast the weekend:
- This Boozy Peppermint Mocha Coffee does NOT disappoint.
- Refreshingly light Orange Crush is like summer in a glass.
- Try THIS Sparkling Pomegranate Rum Punch
- Or a classic Chocolate Martini
- The Manly Manmosa is a bit burly (and girls like it too.)
- Lemonade Gin Mojito is my FAVE!
- Easy Mimosa Float
More Easy Irish Recipes
- BEST EVER Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Super easy Caramelized Onion Colcannon recipe
- Bangers and Mash…because it’s fun to say.
- Must Have Leprechaun Bait!
- Mini Irish Soda Bread Muffins
- Beef and Ale Stew
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie with Alehouse Cheddar Mashed Potatoes….seriously, OMG.
Get the Recipe: THE Nutty Irishman
- 1/2 ounce Irish Whiskey
- 1 ounce Frangelico
- 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ounce Kahlua
- 5 ounces hot coffee
- Whipped Cream
- Pour the Whiskey, Frangelico, Bailey’s and Kahlua into a coffee mug and stir.
- Pour the coffee into the mug and top with whipped cream. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired.