Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
A creamy, sweet dessert studded with apples and walnuts then drenched in a caramel sauce that will knock your socks off. Caramel Apple Bread Pudding is the most incredible dessert for fall, easy to make and great for entertaining.
Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
Who else is sweating out an Indian summer right now? I can hardly believe it, we had a few crisp days where I was thrilled to pull out my jeans and long-sleeved tee’s….then, without warning, it’s 90 degrees again. Other than that this is my favorite time of year because our local apples are at their peak and they’re perfect for pies, cakes, dumplings and this Caramel Apple Bread Pudding!
I’m a huge bread pudding fan because it’s a dessert that most people shun since it’s name can be a little strange. But it’s like a magical dessert and one you can make with leftover bread. Studded with apples and spiked with cinnamon, this Apple Bread Pudding is a fall treat you can’t get enough of.
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that’s made with day old or stale bread. The bread is mixed with a custard mixture and baked until set. Bread puddings can be either sweet or savory but our favorite is a sweet dessert topped with ice cream or whipped cream.
How To Make It
This Apple Bread Pudding recipe is adapted from my original bread pudding recipe but we replace the chocolate chunks with crisp apple chunks. It bakes up into a sweet, custardy dessert that’s flavored with fall spice!
Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
Whisk the cream, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a bowl.
Add the bread, apples and walnuts tossing to coat.
Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake until set, approximately 35-40 minutes.
Serve warm with homemade caramel sauce.
What To Serve It With
You can also serve it cold or room temperature for breakfast like a more decadent French toast casserole with a drizzle of maple syrup.
This bread pudding recipe is easy to change up by adding or swapping ingredients.
- Replace the cinnamon with Chai Spice for a Chai Apple Bread Pudding. OMG….yum!
- Swap out the apples for pears and walnuts for toasted pecans.
- Fold a bit of the caramel sauce into the bread pudding mixture before baking.
- Mix in a cup of dried cranberries or raisins.
More Easy Apple Recipes
- The BEST EVER Apple Pie
- Jewish Apple Cake
- Easy Caramel Apples
- Homemade Apple Fritters
- Easy Apple Dumplings
Get the Recipe: Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 cups bread cubes, cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and then measure 7 cups
- 2 fuji apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the bread, apples and walnuts to bowl tossing to coat. Pour the mixture into a 11×8 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray and bake until set, approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Serve the bread pudding topped with the sauce.