Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
Take advantage of your zucchini surplus and whip up this easy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread to have on hand for impromptu snacking. Easy to make and the flavor will guarantee it will be gone in a flash.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
It’s happening! Summer zucchini is starting to pile up on the kitchen counter and there’s only one way to fix that problem…..Zucchini Banana Bread!
It seems to be a common problem in the summer, the zucchini stash but the bananas are there, too. And when that happens I make one of my families favorite recipes ever Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread.
It’s simple to make, studded with melty chocolate chips and completely irresistible. And if you have a TON of zucchini, make a double batch because this easy quick bread freezes beautifully!
I know it’s hot and a lot of you don’t want to turn on the oven but this is nothing short of spectacular and well worth the little effort.
Baking things like Banana Bread and Bread Pudding….but with things we have around the house…like this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread recipe is a great way to cut back on waste. Because groceries are not cheap and I’m all about the budget friendly recipes these days.
How To Make It
The banana is bold and sweet, the perfect contrast to the zucchini. Kids LOVE this stuff….I’m not kidding. I gave a slice to my little guy….dubbed it Chocolate Chip bread, he took a bite and then shoved the whole thing in his mouth.
I told him it had zucchini in it and he said you couldn’t even taste it. That’s a win for me!
Combine the sugar and butter in the bowl of a mixer and beat at medium speed until fluffy.
On low-speed, add the zucchini, banana, milk, greek yogurt and eggs mixing until combined.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
Beat just until blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir briefly.
Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
How to Make a Healthy Zucchini Bread
If you want to make this a healthy Zucchini Banana Bread recipe, you can totally cut the sugar in half without really changing the texture of the bread. You can ALSO skip the chocolate chips….but WHY? Why would you do that?
If you like banana bread…and you like zucchini bread…and you like chocolate chips…this bread is for you. If not, give these muffins a try…..or these muffins. I guarantee, you’ll find SOMETHING to bake away the fall while you’re patiently waiting to string up those holiday lights.
More Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- BEST EVER Banana Nut Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana, about 1 1/2 bananas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour, I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy. On low-speed, add the zucchini, banana, milk, greek yogurt and eggs mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat just until blended. Add the chocolate chips and stir briefly.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.