Citrus Green Tea Shredded Beef
Slow cooked and ready to go, this easy to make Citrus Green Tea Shredded Beef is made in the slow cooker for a quick, easy dinner the whole family will love. Perfect for game day or just a busy weeknight dinner, this beef recipe is packed full of tangy orange, peppery ginger and sweet heat for a flavor party for your tastebuds!
My slow cooker is working overtime right now since back to school is keeping us busy, busy, busy. And weekends aren’t any more relaxing with trying to get caught up on housework and meeting up with friends….because it’s important to have a social life, am I right? 🙂 So, I’ve been experimenting with different recipes non-stop and this Citrus Green Tea Shredded Beef is a homerun…er, um, touchdown…if you ask me. It takes a few minutes of prep work, then the slow cooker takes care of the rest. And the whole thing is made super easy with the help of Lipton Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea. Yeah, that’s right…I took a little shortcut to make things easier for all of us.
Now, just like my Beef Stew….I do take a moment to brown the beef first. You can skip this step if you like but trust me when I say it makes the dish even more amazing because there’s that amazing caramelization that goes on with the browning process. This gives the recipe another level of flavor you can’t get without it…..so, if you must skip it…go area, but don’t tell me. Ok?
After I brown the beef, I toss it into the slow cooker with a simple sauce I whisked together with a whole bottle of Lipton Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea. My sauce had anything I could grab my hands on, basically….fiery chili paste (you can add as little or as much as you like), ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil….whisk, whisk, whisk….and then dump that over your beef. Throw in a few orange slices, lid up and cook all day long. Your house is about to smell ahhhhhmazing!
Once your Citrus Green Tea Shredded Beef is done….this is when you’ll remove it from the sauce…shred easily with two forks….return to the sauce and wait a few minutes so that sauce has a chance to mingle with your beef. Now you can serve it, I like to serve mine like this Kalua Pork…simple in a lettuce leaf with a little extra soy sauce and chili paste. You could serve your’s on top of some rice or in a tortilla. There are no rules here…..just heavenly, citrusy flavor that you will crave again and again. And it pairs wonderfully with a refreshing glad of Lipton Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea….I’m not even kidding.
Citrus Green Tea Shredded Beef
Citrus Green Tea Shredded Beef is a dinner the whole family will love!
- 1 - 3 pound chuck roast
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 16.9 ounce bottle Lipton Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4-6 orange slices
- Season the beef with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large skillet or stovetop safe slow cooker insert, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef to the pan and brown for 3-4 minutes until a crust has formed. Turn the beef over and brown on the opposite side for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Lipton Green Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, chili paste, ginger, honey, fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and add the orange slices to the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker or crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 7-8 hours.)
- Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred with a fork.
- Return the beef to the slow cooker and cook, uncovered, for an additional 10-20 minutes.
- Serve the beef with 1 tablespoon of the sauce.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.