DIY Confetti Party Poppers
Make your party POP with these easy to make DIY Confetti Party Poppers. Great for any party or occasion and absolutely perfect to celebrate the ringing in of the New Year!
Happy almost New Year, friends! Today, I’m heading to the Fox 29 studios again to share some fun and easy ideas to help make your New Year’s Eve party a breeze. There’s nothing worse than being stuck in the kitchen cooking, cleaning and making drinks especially when all you want to do is hang with your friends at the party. Simple appetizers and easy cocktails are the key to being a guest at your own party. I love to have a giant cheese platter with a smattering of small bites like Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, easy Cheese Crisps (seriously, these are just ONE ingredient), simple Goat Cheese Bites and sparkling cocktails. And what’s a party without some glitter and glitz….like these totally festive DIY Confetti Party Poppers!
I’m all about the glitter this time of year. Well, actually….any time of year. If the opportunity arises, I’ll add glitter anywhere I can and these DIY Confetti Party Poppers are no exception. They are so easy to make using those handy dandy push pop containers that you can find in the cake decoration section of your local craft store.
I filled them with a variety of confetti I mixed together and decorated them with tissue paper and Washi tape. They take minutes to make and the kids can even help out! It’s a great project for them to get involved with at the beginning of your party so they’re ready when the ball drops. Or make them in advance and have them ready in a big basket for your guests to take when it’s time.
DIY Confetti Party Poppers can be customized for any occasion or party. They’d be fantastic at weddings…because really, who wants to be pelted with rice….or baby showers, gender reveals, you name it….you need confetti.
Here’s what you will need:
- push pop containers
- tissue paper
- double sided tape
- washi tape
Here’s how to make them:
- Remove and discard the lid from your push pop container. Measure and cut out a piece of tissue about 1/4 inch larger in diameter to cover the top of the container.
- Pull the slider to the bottom and fill with confetti.
- Wrap the top of the container with a piece of double sided tape and cover the opening with the tissue paper. Secure the paper to the top with the tape.
- Cover the edge of the tissue paper with washi tape.
- When you’re ready to pop, force the stick up in a swift motion with the palm of your hand. Cheers!