Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole Recipe
Golden and butter, this Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole Recipe is a staple side dish for so many occasions! Made with just 5 ingredients, crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks, bread and butter are baked until bubbly and perfect. The best accompaniment to your holiday ham.
We’ve had a jam packed schedule lately and I feel like I’m running out of time to share all my favorite recipes for Easter! We just got back from Dallas and are about to hop on over to New York for a few days of eating, shopping and checking out the city in the springtime! Finally!
We usually head up to New York in the winter months when it’s cold, gray and the crowds have thinned….even last year’s spring break was in March so it was still pretty dead in the way of foliage. This year, I’m hoping springtime is busting at the seams because I have had it with dreary gray days.
And with Easter less than a week away….I am ready for pops of color in the trees, the gardens and on my plate! You may already know this but Easter is my favorite food holiday…..and here’s why….Honey Baked Ham and this Baked Pineapple Casserole, also known as, crushed pineapple casserole. It’s seriously amazing in every sense of the word.
What is Baked Pineapple Casserole?
Baked Pineapple, or Pineapple Stuffing, is an easy to make casserole that bakes in the oven and is the perfect side dish for your holiday ham. Buttery and sweet, this Baked Pineapple Casserole is made with both crushed pineapple and pineapple chunks for a very pineapple-y flavor not commonly found in most Baked Pineapple recipes.
Classic Baked Pineapple usually calls for just crushed pineapple and it’s juices but I add the pineapple chunks for another layer of texture and flavor.
This pineapple casserole recipe could also be used as a dessert because it’s very similar to a Baked Pineapple Bread Pudding.
What ingredients are in Baked Pineapple Casserole?
This Pineapple Casserole contains the following ingredients:
- Crushed Pineapple
- Pineapple Chunks
- Bread chunks
Does Baked Pineapple Casserole have cheese in it?
My Pineapple Casserole recipe does NOT have cheese in it, although, I have seen other recipes that do include cheese. It’s definitely not a necessary component for a successful dish and we love this pineapple casserole recipe because of it’s simplicity.
How do you make Baked Pineapple Casserole?
Making a pineapple stuffing, or baked pineapple recipe, is really easy to do with just a few simple steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, on at a time to the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Fold in the bread and pineapple.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 55-60 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
What do you serve with Baked Pineapple Casserole?
Here are my favorite things to serve with Baked Pineapple:
- Bourbon Honey Baked Ham
- Easy Crock Pot Ham with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze
- Mango Ginger Glazed Ham…my fave.
- Riesling Cranberry Glazed Spiral Ham
It is, most definitely, my favorite side dish for Easter, Christmas and even Thanksgiving….though we rarely have it for Thanksgiving. It’s great with Baked Chicken, too….adding just a bit of sweetness to an especially savory main course. And kids just LOVE this Baked Pineapple Casserole recipe because it, basically, tastes like dessert.
Looking for even more easy side dishes? Try these reader favorites:
- The Very Best Fried Cabbage
- Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Brown Butter Peas with Mint….two minutes, people!!!
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
This super easy Baked Pineapple Casserole recipe is great for brunch, lunch or dinner…..you will be making this one for years to come, I promise!
Get the Recipe: Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 5 slices bread, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the bread, crushed pineapple, pineapple juice and pineapple chunks.
- Season with salt and transfer to a 12x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.