Baked Pineapple Casserole
Golden and butter, this Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole recipe is a staple side dish for so many occasions! Made with just 5 ingredients, crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks, bread and butter are baked until bubbly and perfect. The best accompaniment to your holiday ham.
Our favorite side dish for ham…..this easy Baked Pineapple Casserole is a family tradition for Easter. It goes with just about any main dish recipe but ham and pineapple go together like Mac and cheese…basically.
We’ve been making this recipe for year’s and, mainly, because it’s so simple to throw together. Many versions call for raisins folded into the bread mixture before baking but I’m not a big fan so I leave them out. You can definitely add them in for a little extra sweetness and texture.
Baked Pineapple Stuffing, also known as, crushed pineapple casserole is seriously amazing in every sense of the word.
What is Baked Pineapple Casserole?
Baked Pineapple, or Pineapple Stuffing, is an easy to make casserole that bakes in the oven and is the perfect side dish for your holiday ham. Buttery and sweet, Pineapple Casserole is made with both crushed pineapple and pineapple chunks for a very pineapple-y flavor not commonly found in most Baked Pineapple recipes.
Classic Baked Pineapple usually calls for just crushed pineapple and it’s juices but I add the pineapple chunks for another layer of texture and flavor.
This pineapple casserole recipe could also be used as a dessert because it’s very similar to a Baked Pineapple Bread Pudding.
Ingredients You Will Need
This Pineapple Casserole contains the following ingredients:
- Crushed Pineapple
- Pineapple Chunks
- Bread chunks
Does Baked Pineapple Casserole have cheese in it?
My Pineapple Casserole recipe does NOT have cheese in it, although, I have seen other recipes that do include cheese. It’s definitely not a necessary component for a successful dish and we love this pineapple casserole recipe because of it’s simplicity.
How To Make It
Making a pineapple stuffing, or baked pineapple recipe, is really easy to do with just a few simple steps:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, on at a time to the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Fold in the bread and pineapple.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Bake for 55-60 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
What To Serve With It
Here are my favorite things to serve with Baked Pineapple:
- Bourbon Honey Baked Ham
- Easy Crock Pot Ham with Pineapple Brown Sugar Glaze
- Mango Ginger Glazed Ham…my fave.
- Riesling Cranberry Glazed Spiral Ham
It is, most definitely, my favorite side dish for Easter, Christmas and even Thanksgiving….though we rarely have it for Thanksgiving. It’s great with Baked Chicken, too….adding just a bit of sweetness to an especially savory main course. And kids just LOVE this Baked Pineapple Casserole recipe because it, basically, tastes like dessert.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- The Very Best Fried Cabbage
- Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Brown Butter Peas with Mint….two minutes, people!!!
- Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
This super easy Baked Pineapple Casserole recipe is great for brunch, lunch or dinner…..you will be making this one for years to come, I promise!
Get the Recipe: Easy Baked Pineapple Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, large
- 5 slices bread, cut into bite sized cubes
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Stir in the bread, crushed pineapple, pineapple juice and pineapple chunks.
- Season with salt and transfer to a 12×9 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.