Bourbon Honey Baked Ham
Simple, yet glamourous….yes, I said glamourous. This easy to make Bourbon Honey Baked Ham is dripping with flavor, lightly spiced with a burst of bourbon and honey glaze. A stellar and stunning centerpiece for any holiday gathering.
I can’t remember a holiday where we didn’t have a ham. It’s one of my most favorite food memories growing up…besides pierogi…..but we’ll get to that a little later. Ham was always a holiday staple for my family…Christmas Eve=Ham…..Easter=Ham….sometimes Thanksgiving=Turkey+Ham. Sometimes. But even though we had it for each major holiday, it was still a special occasion food stuff. There weren’t many non-holidays where we were feasting on a ham but now that I’m older, I have no idea why. My deep love affair with ham has just grown stronger and much to my family’s chagrin, I DO whip up a holiday ham on a non-holiday. Besides that fact that ham is king (to me, at least)….the leftovers are pretty killer. Don’t ya think?
And in an effort to keep things new and fresh in the ham world, I created a copy cat recipe but way better than the original Bourbon Honey Baked Ham inspired by….you guessed it…THE Honey Baked Ham. A spiral sliced ham that’s baked to perfection and basted with a slightly spiced Bourbon Honey Glaze that will make you weak in the knees. I kid you not. It’s sweet and earthy and OMG….is it good! Slather a bit more on just before serving and you have a glistening centerpiece for your holiday table.
And if you thought things couldn’t get any better….I’m hear to say…they are. They are better than ever because this Bourbon Honey Baked Ham is super easy to make. Start by picking up your favorite spiral ham at your local grocery store, I love the Spiral Ham at ALDI but you can get whatever works for you. Place the ham in a roasting pan cut side down and baste with your tasty glaze (that takes, literally, 5 minutes to make). Roast for awhile (you’ll follow the roasting instructions per the weight of your ham) and then glaze again right before serving. Garnish if you’d like…or dig right in. It’s simply amazing with these mashed sweet potatoes or these potatoes au gratin…both equally easy to make.
If you’re not a Bourbon fan, don’t worry…you can make this Cranberry Glazed Ham OR this Mango Ginger baby.…it’s divine! And when you’re done with your holiday dinner…..looking at a pile of leftovers….try out this slow cooker soup or THIS breakfast casserole. Both of them are totally amazing!
Bourbon Honey Baked Ham
- 1 5-7 pound spiral sliced ham
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan cut side down and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the bourbon, honey, orange marmalade, molasses, orange juice and cloves over medium heat until bubbling.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer until thickened, whisking constantly, approximately 15 minutes.
- Spread half the glaze over the ham and cover with foil.
- Roast for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and roast the ham for an additional 30 minutes until warmed through.
- Spread the remaining glaze of the ham and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- Allow the ham to stand for 15-20 minutes before serving.