Easy Chicken Madeira Recipe
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ACME Markets. All opinions are 100% mine.
Quick and simple Chicken Madeira is an easy dinner you can make any day of the week. Thinly sliced chicken breasts sautéed and swimming in a savory gravy with golden mushrooms. A family favorite for sure.
Looking for a quick dinner option that tastes like you’re dining in your favorite restaurant? Do I have the dinner for you! This easy Chicken Madeira Recipe is so simple to make in under 30 minutes and it’s a hit with the entire family.
We’ve been making a ton of chicken recipes lately because chicken breasts cook up quickly and soak up all the flavors of whatever sauce you cook it with just brilliantly. This chicken breast recipe is no exception.
I was inspired to make this easy chicken recipe after ordering it on repeat every time we visited The Cheesecake Factory. And I made it even better because I found a way to get it on the table in just 30 minutes by using Air Chilled Chicken Breasts that I found at my local .
Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken is a great choice for all your chicken recipes because the chicken is individually processed in a series of cold chambers with purified air. This results in more intensely flavored chicken that retains no water allowing it to soak up your favorite marinades and sauces.
Chicken Madeira is like chicken marsala’s cousin. They’re both cooked in a savory, mushroom studded sauce that’s spiked with wine. In this case, Madeira Wine which lends a slightly sweet flavor to the sauce that’s light and aromatic,
The madeira sauce is made richer with a bit of butter and a splash of cream that coats the chicken like a warm, flavor packed blanket.
HOW TO MAKE IT
Chicken Madeira is easy to make and super quick thanks to the Open Nature chicken being presliced into tenderloins. It cuts down on the prep time so you have more time to spend with your family at the dinner table.
I, also, boosted the flavor by using O Organics® Bone Broth instead of beef stock adding extra flavor and nutrients to your sauce.
To make your chicken:
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Add the chicken to the pan and sauté on both sides until no longer pink.
Remove the chicken from the pan.
Add the mushrooms and onions. Cook until golden and softened.
Stir in the garlic cooking for one minute.
Add the wine and scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
Stir in the bone broth, seasoning and butter.
Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the half and half or heavy cream.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the asparagus and sprinkle with cheese.
Cook until the cheese is melted and sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe is very similar to my Chicken Piccata that I ALSO make with Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken and it’s hard to say which is my favorite because they’re both so darn delicious!
It’s super simple to make in minutes and all the ingredients can be found right in your local ACME Markets or you can also find quality Signature Select ingredients at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb.
To make my shopping trip even easier, ACME Markets offers Grocery Delivery and Pick Up for convenient ways to shop! Simply place your order on the Instacart app and select either delivery or pick up. I ordered everything I needed and was able to pick up my groceries within 2 hours.
MORE EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
This recipe is so easy and quick, I’m sure it will be on repeat but to keep things interesting be sure to try our favorite Chicken Florentine. It’s just as quick to get on the table with a creamy Florentine sauce that’s so, so good!
And try this Lemon Chicken Scallopini...it works well with the chicken tenderloins, too. Last but not least, the OG chicken recipe….the one you’ll make again and again, and again. We make it weekly it’s that good.
Get the Recipe: Easy Chicken Madeira Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup Madeira Wine, or other sweet white wine like Marsala
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or half and half
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until golden. Flip and cook on the opposite side.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms and onions to the pan. Cook until golden brown and slightly softened.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add the wine to the pan and deglaze scrapping up the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Let the wine reduce by 1/2.
- Stir in the beef stock and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Pour the cream into the sauce with the italian seasoning and stir.
- Return the chicken to the pan and top with the asparagus.
- Transfer to the oven and bake the chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsleyy and serve immediately over pasta or mashed potatoes.