Best Buttered Noodles
A simple side dish that doubles as a comfort food, the best Buttered Noodles recipe is quick and easy to whip up. Perfectly cooked egg noodles bathed in melted butter, garlic and parmesan are fast and kid friendly.
There are always a few recipes that you just crave time and time again…..Buttered Egg Noodles are totally my craving most days.
The ultimate comfort food, Buttered Noodles have been by my side for decades and the fact that they’re inexpensive to make puts them on the top of my meal planning list just about every single week.
I’ve been making variations of garlic buttered noodles for most of my life. They’re super easy to whip up in minutes and I could, literally, eat buckets of them in one sitting.
It wasn’t until I stumbled on them at Noodles and Company that I realize other people deemed them a legit meal just as I did.
Tender, perfectly cooked egg noodles are tossed in melted butter, grated parmesan cheese, garlic powder and chopped parsley for a bowl of carb-y heaven you will crave….all.the.time.
Simple to throw together at a moments notice, these noodles have been showing up at the dinner table on the regular.
How To Make Them
You can have these egg noodles on the table in just 10 minutes from start to finish.
Boil the salted water over high heat.
Cook the noodles until al dente or as directed on the package.
Drain the noodles and return to the pot.
Add the butter to the noodles and stir to melt the butter.
Stir the garlic powder and cheese into the noodles.
Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley.
Now you’re ready to dig in!
Tips for making buttered noodles:
- Egg Noodles – We always use egg noodles but you can really use any shape you want. Fusilli, penne, elbow macaroni, farfalle, linguini….they all work well in this recipe.
- Butter – Be sure to use a high quality butter for this dish because the ingredients are simple, the ingredients really shine through so the better your butter the better your noodles.
- Water – Salt it…..don’t skip that step. You want your water to be well salted because that’s how you season the noodles while they cook. If you skip this step, your noodles will be flavorless. Period. The end.
- Seasoning – I use garlic powder here but you can use your favorite spice or seasoning. This Everything Spice works insanely well, as does this, ranch seasoning. Or throw in a spoonful of Pizza Seasoning for a flavor blast you’ll love!
What To Serve With Them
While these creamy buttered noodles are fantastic all on their own we love using them as a base for so many other recipes, too!
Serve this Salisbury steak on top of a pile of noodles and drench in mushroom gravy!
Top your noodles with a few Swedish Meatballs or these Porcupine Meatballs are great, too.
Pot Roast is a must on top of buttered noodles or make this garlic-y braised chicken to go with your pasta.
More Easy Noodle Recipes
If you love this easy noodle recipe, you should also try my favorite Pasta Aglio e Olio. It’s fast, easy and a step up from a simple side dish like this one.
Or try these easy Pesto Noodles for a quick, easy meal and we also love this 15 minute Caprese Pasta….like a burst of summer!
LOOKING FOR MORE MEAL INSPIRATION? FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK FOR ALL OUR FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPES!
Get the Recipe: BEST BUTTERED NOODLES RECIPE
- 12 oz egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Fill a large pot with water and season generously with salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the egg noodles. Cook the noodles until al dente according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Add the butter to the pasta and stir until melted.
- Stir in the garlic powder, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and serve.
8 Comments on “Best Buttered Noodles”
Not everybody can have salt. Millions of americans are on salt free diets due to meds.
So ill season the water so my loved one can live. Period the end.
You can season it anyway you like, really. This is just how we enjoy the recipe.
This is one of the most obnoxious comments I’ve ever seen. And that’s saying something.
How do you recommend reheating the noodles? Serving with beef bourguignon for New Year’s Eve
We reheat in the microwave with great results. Add a bit of butter if it seems a little dry.