Easy Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Want an easy, hearty, comforting dinner without breaking a sweat? This EASY Crockpot Meatloaf is truly the set it and forget it family meal you’re going to want every single night of the week. Tender, juicy meatloaf with a sweet, tangy glaze is waiting for you at dinner time. Minimal hands on time…..and minimal clean up!
Bedtime, lately, has been a scene here. I don’t know why but once 8:00 hits I’m exhausted and I still have hours of work to do…..all I want is for everyone to go to bed so I can clean the kitchen, get everything prepped for the next day and finish up the next days recipe for you all. Today…..the hover board ran over my bare toes and I almost lost my mind. Bedtime began promptly .3 seconds after that.
But I still had the kitchen to clean up for the second time today and I am planning to have some easier dinners on the menu for the rest of the week. Dinners that, basically, cook all by themselves with an easy to clean mess they may have left behind. Dinners like this Easy Crockpot Meatloaf recipe.
How to Make Meatloaf in the Crockpot
Making meatloaf in the slow cooker is nothing new in this house and it’s actually my favorite way to cook a traditional meatloaf recipe.
Here’s how to make an easy slow cooker meatloaf:
- Blend together the round beef, sausage, onion, garlic, egg, panko, Worcestershire, tomato paste and seasoning until well combined.
- Whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard until smooth.
- Line the inside of your crockpot or slow cooker with foil creating a little handle at the top of the foil so you have some leverage when it’s time to remove the meatloaf from the appliance.
- Form the meatloaf into an oval shape and place in the slow cooker. Spoon the glaze over the meatloaf to coat.
- Cook the meatloaf in the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Check for doneness with an instant read thermometer.
- Carefully lift the meatloaf out of the crockpot with the foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the meatloaf under the broiler on high for 3-4 minutes until the glaze begins to bubble and caramelize.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately with any additional glaze.
You can, literally, have this meatloaf formed and in the slow cooker within five minutes! Soooo, soooooooooo easy!
Ingredients You NEED for this Easy Crockpot Meatloaf
The ingredients used in this slow cooker meatloaf recipe are, basically, kitchen staples. I like to keep it simple so I can whip this recipe up on a moments notice. To keep things from drying out in while the meatloaf is in the crockpot I add ingredients that will help keep things moist and juicy!
Here’s what you’ll need for the best crockpot meatloaf:
- lean ground beef (I like to use 80/20)
- italian sausage (this is where you get some added moisture)
- panko bread crumbs
- diced onion
- italian seasoning
- tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Just blend all the ingredients together and form into a loaf being careful not to over mix the beef. Overmixing can cause the meatloaf to toughen and dry out while cooking.
How to Make Meatloaf Sauce
This easy Meatloaf sauce recipe is the very same one my mom made when I was little. I made it a little more swanky with the addition of balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard. Sometimes I use apple cider vinegar, sometimes, Champagne vinegar…..it really depends on my mood. But the balsamic vinegar adds a bit of sweetness that I really, really love.
Classic meatloaf recipes are almost always served up with a big, fluffy pile of mashed potatoes and that is no different in my house. But we also like to have a little something green, too. It’s like a tradition.
Here are my favorite side dishes to serve with easy Crockpot Meatloaf:
- The BEST EVER Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Green Beans with goat cheese and pine nuts
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes….soooooo good.
- Super EASY Mac and Cheese
- Brown Butter Peas with Mint
And if you love this Easy Crockpot Meatloaf recipe as much as we do, you have to try THESE easy family favorites!
- Classic Salisbury Steak
- Double Glazed Turkey Meatloaf
- Easy Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf
- 30 Minute Meat Sauce.….sooooo amazing!
Want even more easy recipe inspiration? Follow us over on Instagram!
Easy Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
Tender and juicy, this easy Crockpot Meatloaf is dinnertime goals. So simple to make and the most amazingly flavorful meatloaf ever made.
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb italian sausage casing removed
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
Line the slow cooker with aluminum foil and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until well blended. DO NOT OVER MIX.
Place the meatloaf mixture in the slow cooker and shape into an oval loaf shape (or round if your crockpot is round).
In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and mustard.
Spoon half the glaze over the meatloaf to coat.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low. Check for doneness with an instant read thermometer. The meatloaf is done when it registers 160 degrees F.
Using the foil, lift the meatloaf out of the slow cooker and place on a baking sheet.
Transfer the meatloaf to the oven and broil on high for 3-4 minutes until the glaze begins to caramelize.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Serve the meatloaf with the remaining glaze.