Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
An Italian favorite made better….this easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers recipe is the one “pot” dinner your family will love. Thrown together in minutes, it’s perfect served as a sausage sandwich, piled high on a mountain of pasta or just enjoyed as is in all it’s flavorful glory.
Even though we’ve been home ALL THE TIME, that doesn’t mean that we have all the time in the world to get dinner on the table. Days are busy and with the sun setting earlier each day, I feel the urge to get home cooked dinners on the table more regularly. That means….all hail the one pot dinners!
But instead of the pot, I’ve been reaching for my favorite sheet pans because sheet pan dinner recipes are even EASIER than something you cook on the stovetop. And this easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers recipe is my all time favorite.
Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
Sausage and peppers, or sausage and veggies….really, is one of my favorite dinners because whether you cook it in a skillet, on the grill or in your trusty Crock Pot, you’re always rewarded with a flavor packed dinner that’s incredibly versatile.
This dinner is really as simple as it sounds….roasted sausage with onions and bell peppers are tossed with garlic, olive oil and Italian seasoning on a sheet pan. I mean, really…you don’t even need to dirty a bowl!
Roasted until charred, blistered and juicy, you can load up your favorite Italian roll or pile it on some cheesy polenta.
How To Make It
Super simple, you are going to LOVE this sheet pan meal!
Slice the onions and peppers.
Arrange the sausages on a sheet pan and spread the vegetables around the sausages.
Add the garlic and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning.
Drizzle with the olive oil.
Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
Variations on Sausage and Peppers
This recipe is so easy to mix things up. Here are our favorite twists on baked sausage and peppers:
- Toss the vegetables with basil pesto before roasting for added flavor boost!
- Swap out the Italian sausages for chicken sausage or turkey sausage to cut back on calories.
- Add potatoes….thinly sliced potatoes cook up perfectly and potatoes pair perfectly with Italian sausage and peppers!
- Serve with your favorite sauce for dipping.
I mean, this couldn’t be any simpler and you can turn it into something really spectacular. It’s great for an easy weeknight dinner but also would be fabulous for a simple summer meal with friends.
What To Serve With It
Because you bake this sausage, peppers and onions in the oven, that frees up the stovetop for some extra deliciousness! While we love to top a big pile of pasta with this recipe, it’s also fantastic alongside sautéed broccoli rabe for a low carb dinner.
Or go for comfort and make these mashed potatoes, the sauce from the sheet pan drizzled on top is just dreamy. BUT our favorite way is how we serve it with this Slow Cooker Sausage…..you have to see it to believe it and it only takes 5 minutes to make!!!
More Easy Sheet Pan Dinners
If you like this Italian sausage recipe, you’ll also LOVE these Steak Fajitas! They’re equally easy and just as flavor packed. We also love this chicken and veggies recipe because all the juices from the chicken and vegetables results in a savory sauce that’s totally amazing.
Get the Recipe: Easy Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- 6 Italian Sausage Links, sweet or hot OR a combo of both
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large sweet onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the sausages in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil.
- Top the sausages with the peppers, onions and garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake the sausage and peppers for 20-25 minutes until the sausages are brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately over pasta, if desired.
Heat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes to warm through.