Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip
Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip is creamy, smooth, and filled with fresh flavor! Ingredients like lemon juice, garlic powder, dried dill and more dress up cottage cheese in the most delicious way. Serve it with some fresh veggies and watch it disappear!
Whipped Cottage Cheese Dip
Spring is upon us! As the weather slowly but surely starts warming back up, it’s time to let our recipes start cooling off. As much as I love some good, hearty comfort food, I’m pretty excited to jump (or should I say spring) back into no bake recipes with lots of fresh veggies! This easy whipped cottage cheese dip recipe is wonderful for Easter, Mother’s Day, or any other festivities you have coming up.
One of my favorite things about this cottage cheese dip recipe is just how easy it is to whip up – literally! You pretty much just have to toss everything into a food processor, let it all whip together, and serve. It’s pretty great for tossing together right before the party starts. I love a no-fuss appetizer when I’m hosting. That way, I can get myself and my house ready and not stress over the food!
The flavors in this dip are bold, yet simple. Lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, salt and cayenne compliment the cottage cheese perfectly! They all come together in a delicious blend of fresh and savory flavors. I love the way this smooth, whipped dip really goes well with just about any dippers you have! While veggies are my favorite, crackers and chips are also pretty tasty.
How to Make Cottage Cheese Dip
Grab your food processor and let it do all the work for you! For more details about ingredients and instructions, scroll down to the recipe card for more info.
- Blend it. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and slightly whipped. Stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- Taste it. This is the fun part, of course! Conduct a quick taste test to decide if you need any more seasonings in the mix. Adjust to taste.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the best whipped cottage cheese dip recipe:
- Cottage Cheese – You can use regular or low fat cottage cheese, and any brand works just fine. Just note that regular and low fat cottage cheese will be a little different in consistency.
- Lemon Juice – I love using freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor! You can add some lemon zest as well if you really want to double down on the flavor.
- Seasonings – Just a little bit of kosher salt, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill and just a pinch of cayenne create the best flavor! You can always adjust these as desired. Feel free to leave out the salt is you’re avoiding sodium.
Other ingredients you can toss in the mix include (but certainly aren’t limited to) roasted garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper or basil. Comment below and let me know what you added!
Store this cottage cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Once you’ve dipped veggies or crackers into it, it may not last quite as long just because of the new bacteria that’s been introduced.
I do not recommend freezing whipped cottage cheese dip! It won’t thaw well.
I love serving whipped cottage cheese with veggie dippers like bell peppers, cucumbers, celery and snap peas. You can always use other dippers like everything sourdough crackers or your favorite salty potato chips!
Check out more of my favorite easy dip recipes!
Get the Recipe: Cottage Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 food processor
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the cottage cheese, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, dill, salt and cayenne.
- Blend until smooth and slightly whipped.
- Season to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with dippers like celery, cucumber and carrots.