Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Celebrate summer with this super Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake! Layers of creamy vanilla and strawberry ice cream separated by sweet, crunchy shortbread cookie filling then frosted with light, airy whipped cream. Better than any ice cream shop!
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Summer just wouldn’t be complete without ice cream and what better way to enjoy it than in a sweet ice cream cake. It’s one of my favorite things to serve when entertaining during the summer months and it’s even better when it’s homemade.
This easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake is so simple to make using your favorite ice cream…whether it’s homemade or a brand you purchased at the store, this sweet treat is as easy as it is impressive.
One bite and your guests will think you slaved all day but it really doesn’t make much hands on time at all. Just layer everything and freeze until you’re ready to serve it up.
This cake is even better than my favorite Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake!
How To Make Homemade Ice Cream Cake
This ice cream cake couldn’t be simpler to make. I like to use my homemade vanilla and homemade strawberry ice cream but you can use your favorite store brand ice cream.
Freeze a springform for 15 minutes before beginning.
Spread a layer of softened vanilla ice cream evenly on the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
Freeze for 30 minutes.
Pulse the cookie in a food processor until a coarse crumb forms.
Make the White Chocolate Shell.
Combine the cookie crumbs and chocolate shell together in a bowl.
Spread a 1/2 inch layer of the cookie mixture over the vanilla ice cream and return to the freezer for 20 minutes.
Spread 1 inch strawberry ice cream over the cookie mixture and freeze for 30 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining cookie layer and the remaining ice cream.
Freeze for 1 hour.
Remove the cake from the freezer and allow to sit for five minutes.
Remove the springform pan ring.
Frost the cake with whipped cream and decorate with strawberries.
Freeze for 1 hour or overnight.
How long does Ice Cream Cake last?
You’re absolutely going to love this Strawberry Ice Cream Cake. I suggest making it one day in advance so there’s time for the cake to freeze together, no chance of the layers slipping and sliding around.
You can make your ice cream cake up to 7 days in advance and leftovers will last about a week. We’ve enjoyed it beyond that time but depending on how often you open and close your freezer, your cake may end up with a little freezer burn which will change the flavor slightly.
More Easy Ice Cream Recipes
- Homemade Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Lavender Ice Cream Recipe
- The Very Best Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Make Snow Ice Cream Recipe
More easy, chilly summer dessert ideas, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
- 1 46- ounce container Blue Bunny® Vanilla Ice Cream
- 12 shortbread cookies
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Blue Bunny® Double Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 8- ounce container whipped topping
- Freeze a 6 ounce springform pan for 15 minutes. Spread 1 inch of softened Blue Bunny® vanilla ice cream evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Return the pan to the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the ice cream hardens, add the cookies to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until course crumbs form. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate chips together in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and chocolate mixture together in a bowl. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and spread a 1/2 inch layer of the cookie mixture evenly over the vanilla ice cream. Return to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Spread a 1 inch layer of softened strawberry ice cream over the cookie layer and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Spread a 1/2 inch layer of the cookie mixture evenly over the strawberry ice cream and return to the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Spread a 1 inch layer of softened vanilla ice cream over the cookie layer and return to the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove ice cream cake from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before removing the sides of the springform pan. Return the ice cream cake to the freezer to firm up the sides for 5 minutes.
- Frost the entire cake with whipped topping and decorate with strawberries, if desired. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Before servings, allow the cake to thaw for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately after slicing.
7 Comments on “Easy Strawberry Ice Cream Cake”
Seriously want to make this for my family. It looks beautiful and delicious!!
Yum! This recipe looks awesome and uses simple ingredients:) I love the shortbread cookies with the cake! I will be making this for wedding/baby showers for sure this season for sure:)
I read 6 ounce springform pan here. Does that mean 6 inch springform pan? I only have a 9 inch springform pan. Guessing I should double the recipe for whipped cream? .. if it’s a 6 inch springform pan that you used.?
Yes, it’s a 6 inch springform pan. Sorry for the typo.
I so want to try making this!
Hello. I wonder what brand of shortbread cookies you prefer. I am hoping to make this for my daughter’s birthday. Cheers!!!!
I love Walker’s shortbread but any brand will work.