This recipe for easy Tiramisu is the BEST! Layers of thick cream and coffee-dipped lady fingers is dusted with a signature topping of cocoa powder. It tastes like it’s from a restaurant when it’s really whipped up in your kitchen in just under half an hour!
Feeling fancy, but don’t want to stress out over lengthy steps and intricate details? Make the best Tiramisu recipe ever!
This dessert is ideal for serving after a nice dinner party with friends or as your holiday centerpiece when you really want to impress. It can just be our little secret that it’s actually incredibly easy to put together!
There’s only one very difficult part of this recipe that I feel I must warn you about in advance. You will have to wait about 8 hours (or overnight) for the best results. I know, the wait is such a killer if you’re impatient like me!
However, the end results are SO very worth the wait. Giving the Tiramisu time to set up really allows it to develop the best flavors and consistency in each dreamy layer.
Tiramisu is one of my favorite desserts to serve when I want to really impress. While this recipe is very easy to make, it always garners tons of compliments!
There’s just enough coffee to drive that flavor home without making everything soggy, and the whipped cream layers are sturdy, yet fluffy as can be. This dish is a delicious balancing act that’s simple, yet sophisticated.
What is Tiramisu
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made with coffee soaked lady fingers that are layered with a sweetened mascarpone cheese filling. Dusted with cocoa powder, this cake-like treat is easy to make and a staple at many Italian restaurants.
Many adaptations of Tiramisu have popped up over the years but this is inspired by the classic tiramisu recipe.
We even made this Caramel Apple Tiramisu for a fresh burst of fall flavor and this easy Berry Tiramisu for your favorite summer gatherings.
How to Make Tiramisu
The ingredients list is short; ladyfingers, coffee, sugar, mascarpone, vanilla, heavy cream and coffee liquor. You can leave out the liquor if you’re avoiding alcohol but you can’t really taste it in the cake.
- Make the cream. Start by first whipping the heavy cream and vanilla together on medium speed, then slowly add in the sugar. Increase the speed to high and keep mixing until stiff peaks form. Add in the mascarpone, mixing it in on a low speed until just combined.
- Dip the lady fingers. Mix together cold espresso and coffee liquor in a small bowl. Quickly dip each lady finger into the mixture and place in a single layer in your baking dish.
- Assemble the tiramisu. Spread half of the cream mixture across the top of the first layer of lady fingers. Add another layer of lady fingers on top of that, then top it off with a final cream layer. Top it all off with a dusting of cocoa powder.
- Let it set up. Cover the baking dish and refrigerate your dessert for 8 hours before serving.
See what I mean? This recipe is SO quick and easy! The only hard part is the wait, but that wait is so worthwhile.
Do I need to soak the lady fingers?
Nope! The goal here is to quickly dip the lady fingers in the coffee mixture so they take on some of the flavor without getting soggy. Have you ever had Tiramisu that was super soggy and overpowered by the coffee/liquor flavor? Avoid those issues by simply dipping the lady fingers quickly in the mixture so the flavor is present, but not too bold.
Can I make Tiramisu alcohol-free?
You sure can! Simply omit the liquor and dip the lady fingers only in cold espresso to make this Tiramisu recipe free of any alcohol. It’ll still be incredibly rich and tasty!
How long will Tiramisu stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, Easy Tiramisu will stay fresh for up to 3 days. Just make sure the container you’re keeping it in is truly airtight so it doesn’t go bad! You can cover the baking dish in plastic wrap, just do so very tightly and consider double wrapping it for extra security.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- The Very Best Creme Brûlée
- Chocolate Pot de Creme
- The Very Best New York Cheesecake
- Pink Champagne Cake
For more sweet and simple desserts, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Tiramisu Recipe
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 2 cups espresso, cold
- 3 TBSP coffee liquor, Kahlua or Starbucks (*optional)
- 7 ounces Lady Fingers
- ¼ cup cocoa powder for dusting on top
- 1 baking dish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl with a hand mixer, whip heavy cream and vanilla extract on medium speed and slowly add in the sugar, about 3 minutes to incorporate. Increase speed to high and mix until stiff peaks form, another 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the mascarpone mix on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In a small/ shallow bowl or pan, mix the cold espresso and coffee liquor together.
- Quickly dip the lady fingers in the espresso and coffee liquor mixture and place a single layer in the bottom of an 8”x8” baking dish. (Don’t soak the lady fingers, once dipped it becomes a sponge and will soak up the delicious espresso liquid.)
- With one package of lady finger cookies, each row should be 6 dipped lady fingers, each layer of cookies would be 12 pieces.
- Spread ½ of the mascarpone mixture on top of the lady fingers.
- Add another layer of espresso dipped lady fingers and spread the remaining mascarpone cream mixture on top
- Dust the entire dessert with cocoa powder. (There should be no cream showing on the top layer- cover it all with cocoa. Any remaining cocoa can be used for individual servings.)
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving, best chilled overnight.