Easy White Cheddar Popcorn
Craving a salty, crunchy snack? This easy White Cheddar Popcorn recipe is the crunchy, salty, savory snack you need to have on hand. Quick and simple to make from scratch, it’s a skinny popcorn treat everyone will want to get their hands on.
White Cheddar Popcorn
It’s only midweek and we’re already looking forward to the weekend. It’s been a long week so far and we can’t wait to catch the new movie “Abominable.” I used to love to go to the movies until Netflix and Amazon Prime changed movie watching for me forever. WHY would I go to the movie theater when I can sit at home with my old furry blanket and a pile of freshly made White Cheddar Popcorn to nibble on.
But Landon is dying to see this movie and my popcorn loving self is half tempted to whip up a bag of this Cheddar Cheese Popcorn to smuggle into the movie theater. Yes, of course they have popcorn there, but do they have White CHEDDAR CHEESE Popcorn? I think not. And I’m salivating just thinking about it.
Plus, I like to make my own popcorn at home because I know what went into it. And I can totally control the environment in which it’s cooked….whereas, I’m made the mistake of getting into the habit of reading the Health Inspector reports on the regular and long story short….my kitchen is WAY cleaner than any movie theater could ever be.
BUT, we can’t always pack our own food everywhere we go because there are rules….and contrary to what I normally say…rules are not always made to be broken. So, I prefer to stay in and eat my own popcorn…my own way….buried in a snowy shower of white cheddar cheese powder.
This easy White Cheddar Popcorn recipe is so simple to make, I am SURE you’ll be putting this one on repeat for years to come. I even think it’s better than the Chicago famous Garrett’s cheddar popcorn. And you don’t have to go to Chicago to get it.
Ingredients You Will Need
Would you believe me if I said you only need THREE ingredients to make this easy popcorn recipe? Well, believe it!
Here’s what you need:
- White Cheddar Cheese Powder
You can get the white cheddar cheese powder at just about any grocery store or you can order it online. King Arthur Flour has a great one or you can find your favorite on Amazon.
How To Make It
I love the SmartFood White Cheddar Popcorn so much and really wanted to use that brand as my inspiration for this recipe. BUT I did want the richness of butter because I believe that fat helps your body feel fuller faster instead of shoveling in handfuls of popcorn until you reach the bottom of the bowl.
Popcorn is a relatively healthy snack if you don’t eat a bushel of it so the butter does help you realize you’re actually eating something and that you are now full. Time to step away from the uber addicting White Cheddar Popcorn.
- Pop your popcorn. I like to make THIS Stovetop Popcorn recipe, it’s so easy!
- Transfer your popcorn to a bowl, you should have about 6 cups.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour the butter over the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Next, sprinkle the cheddar cheese powder over the popcorn. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately!
You can totally add your favorite seasonings to the mix or even toss in some finely grated cheddar cheese for freshness. We love this Chili Cheese Popcorn for many years ago…it’s just as amazing!
VARIATIONS ON CHEDDAR POPCORN
Here are a few of our favorite mix-ins:
- Cayenne Pepper
- Taco Seasoning
- Jalapeno Powder (Just a sprinkle will do it!)
- A dash of cumin
- Switch out the regular butter for this easy Garlic Butter recipe.
- Toss in a bit of chopped fresh basil.
- Sprinkle with a bit of Pizza Seasoning for an herb-y addictive snack!
Or you can use your own wild imagination and let me know how it turned out in the comments below! I’m always looking for ways to mix up my popcorn craving.
HOW TO MAKE SKINNY POPCORN
Ok, so maybe you’re not into the whole butter thing BUT you can totally skip it. The problem with just skipping the butter and tossing in the cheddar cheese powder is that it won’t actually stick to the popcorn.
So, here’s what you do:
- Spread the popped popcorn out on a baking sheet while it’s still warm.
- Spray the popcorn with cooking spray and then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese powder.
- Toss to coat and enjoy.
But back to my fact about fat is good…and I love the butter….and it’s spread over SIX CUPS of popcorn so don’t be too afraid of it. Ok? Or make the skinny version and you do you.
If you want to see what else is popping over here at the Soapbox….be sure to follow us on Instagram!
MORE EASY POPCORN IDEAS
- Easy and Patriotic….White Chocolate Strawberry Popcorn
- Minions Popcorn Snack Mix
- Candy Corn Pumpkin Spice Popcorn Balls
- Savory, salty Hurricane Popcorn will be a new favorite!
Get the Recipe: Easy White Cheddar Popcorn Recipe
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese powder
- Add the popcorn to a large bowl.
- Pour the butter over the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese powder over the popcorn and toss to coat again.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 48 hours.
5 Comments on “Easy White Cheddar Popcorn”
Looks like someone will be eating good this month!
That looks so addictive ans crispy wit a unique flavor!
Kellie, this is the perfect snack for when a craving hits. I love popcorn and the cheesy flavor is a perfect compliment. I cannot wait to watch a movie and indulge in this.
So glad you like it!