Homemade Garlic Butter Sauce
Easy Garlic Butter Sauce is made with just a few ingredients and couldn’t be simpler to whip up. It’s the perfect way to amp up your favorite recipes like steak, chicken, fish, shrimp or a massive pile of vegetables.
Garlic Butter Sauce
I’ve told you before but I’ll tell you again….I’m a lover of butter. I just think that butter makes everything better….like bacon….but better than bacon. I know there are some of you who agree with me but how handy is it to reach in the fridge and pull out a stick of butter to plop on top of a pile of broccoli. Bacon can’t do that.
Bacon is a little fussy, whereas, butter is so not in any way. It’s like my best girlfriend….always available when you need her, understanding of your needs and can make any situation infinitely better.
I’ve been known to overdo it with the butter but really….can you overdo it with butter? I think not and that’s why I’m sharing my favorite EASY sauce recipe with you today….starring BUTTER. This Easy Garlic Butter Sauce recipe is totally magical in that it comes together in just a few minutes with ingredients you already have lurking in your kitchen.
What is Garlic Butter Sauce?
It’s pretty self explanatory….Garlic Butter Sauce, is. It’s basically a sauce made with butter, finely minced garlic, fresh herbs, salt and lemon juice. For extra POW. And to cut through the richness of the butter just a tad. You can leave out the lemon, if you wish but who doesn’t love a good Lemon Butter Sauce drizzled on a piece of fish.
When making your Garlic Butter Sauce, be sure to use a good quality butter. I’m a big fan of Land O Lakes butter and they have a European style butter that’s perfect for this recipe because it’s rich and creamy with a slight sweetness that makes this butter sauce absolutely dreamy.
How To Make Garlic Butter Sauce
You can, literally, whip up this easy Garlic Butter Sauce recipe in just a few minutes. It’s a great way to add some flair to a dinner party menu without having to go overboard. You can serve this garlic butter sauce with seafood, steak, chicken, vegetables, fish, shrimp….basically, whatever is on the menu you can serve with Garlic Butter.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic starts to smell nutty and fragrant.
- Add the herbs and lemon to the butter stirring to combine.
- Serve immediately.
I love to drizzle this garlic butter over steak or a juicy burger (OMG…is that insanely delish…and something we don’t do regularly.)
You can also use it as a Garlic Butter Dipping Sauce for your bread or pizza crust (ala Papa John’s Pizza garlic dipping sauce!)
How To Store Garlic Butter Sauce
Your Garlic Butter is best if served as soon as it’s ready but I get it….sometimes you do need to prep ahead. Even the little things.
To store your garlic butter sauce, simply transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. When you want to serve your sauce, reheat either in the microwave at 30 second increments, stirring after each OR transfer the butter sauce to a saucepan and heat over low heat until melted and warm.
Garlic Butter Sauce will last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I do not recommend freezing garlic butter sauce because the texture will get all weird, grainy and gross.
What To Serve With Garlic Butter Sauce
You can, really, serve this homemade garlic butter with anything you want BUT here are some of my favorite ways to use it:
- Grilled Lobster Tails.…this sauce was, literally, made for them.
- Drizzle over Pan Seared Filet Mignon
- Add more punch to your Grilled Clams
- Make these Green Beans and drown them in this sauce.
- Toss with this easy pasta for more flavor!
- Dip your homemade bread in and swoon.
- Serve alongside this Shrimp Cocktail as a warm dipping sauce.
- Add some punch to the usual Chicken Breast!
- Make an easy after school snack with Garlic Butter Popcorn!
Really….the options are limitless here!
More Easy Sauce Recipes
- Easy Blender Hollandaise
- Better than a steakhouse, Homemade Steak Sauce
- The BEST EVER Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Super simple Cocktail Sauce
- Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
- Easy Teriyaki Sauce from SCRATCH
Get the Recipe: Easy Garlic Butter Sauce Recipe
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Add the butter to a saucepan over medium heat and cook until melted. Turn the heat to low.
- Stir in the garlic and continue cooking over low heat for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic begins to smell fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice and herbs to the butter stirring to combine.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.