Taco Seasoning Mix
Easy to make homemade Taco Seasoning Mix is concocted from spices you likely already have in your pantry! It’s oh so simple to whip up and WAY more flavor-packed than those packet seasoning mixes that are loaded with sodium and preservatives. Make a big batch to have on hand for all of your taco Tuesdays!
Taco Seasoning Mix
Pretty much everyone in my family (myself included) are die-hard taco fans! We treat taco Tuesday like a weekly holiday that we all just can’t wait for. Every week I like to change up my tacos with chicken, ground beef, tofu, and so much more. No matter what protein I use, something always stays the same – and that’s the homemade taco seasoning mix!
Let’s discuss why this seasoning is so downright delicious, shall we? First and foremost, this mix isn’t chock-full of sodium, artificial flavors and preservatives like so many of the store-bought packets are.
Secondly, it’s customizable as can be! Although I think this mix is perfect exactly as it is, I’m sure everyone prefers their medley of seasonings to be personalized. For example, if you really don’t like spice, eliminate the addition of cayenne. Love spice? Double it!
How to Make Taco Seasoning
This recipe is as easy as it gets, friends!
- Combine. In either a bowl or jar, combine all of the ingredients thoroughly.
- Store or serve. You can serve the mix immediately and enjoy! However, you can also store the taco seasoning mix for up to 6 months in an airtight container. Just be sure to keep it in a cool, dark place out of direct sunlight.
When it comes to combining the ingredients, there are a number of ways to do so! You can whisk it together, shake it up in a jar, or stir it with a spoon. However you choose to combine it, just make sure that all of the spices are thoroughly combined for the best final product.
How to Use Taco Seasoning
There are SO many recipes that can benefit from a sprinkle of taco seasoning! Here are just a few of my most favorites. Keep in mind though, there are so many more that I just don’t have room to list them all!
- Slow Cooker Taco Beef
- Cheesy Taco Pinwheels
- Baked Rotisserie Chicken Tacos
- The Very Best Loaded Beef Nachos
- Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
There are also less traditional ways to enjoy taco seasoning mix that I thoroughly enjoy. Trust me, once you fall in love with this easy-peasy recipe, you’re going to love reaching for it all the time! I sprinkle this flavorful mix on scrambled eggs, popcorn, and even french fries. I can’t get enough of this stuff! While it does stay fresh for up to 6 months, mine’s never made it that far… Because it gets devoured in my home within weeks (at max).
More Easy Pantry Spice Recipes
- Ancho Chili Powder
- Fajita Seasoning Mix
- The Very Best Hamburger Seasoning
- Easy Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Homemade Old Bay Seasoning
For more easy pantry recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Taco Seasoning Mix Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Place the lid on the jar and shake to combine. Store in an airtight container in your pantry for up to 6 months.