Homemade Caesar Dressing
Give your salads and wraps the best flavor when you make Homemade Caesar Dressing! It’s incredibly quick and easy to make and it’s so much better than the store-bought stuff. You’re going to love the fresh flavor created by lemon juice, freshly shredded parmesan cheese and more!
Homemade Caesar Dressing
Put down that factory made bottle of Caesar dressing… You deserve so much more than that! Next time you’re craving a seriously good Caesar salad or wrap, this is the recipe to turn to. It can make any basic bed of greens and croutons taste like it’s from a nice restaurant! When you use fresh ingredients to make your salad dressing, you really do your salad the biggest favor.
Let’s talk about those fresh ingredients, shall we? Fresh lemon juice and zest add the best tangy kick, so make sure to not use bottled lemon juice (it just doesn’t have the same acidity). There’s also parmesan cheese, which I highly recommend shredding right off the block for the best flavor. And yes, there’s anchovy paste! Don’t fear it – when you add just the right amount, it creates that signature salty flavor without any fishiness.
Other than the flavor, the best thing about this recipe is just how easy it is! You simply toss everything into a food processor and blend until smooth. Then, you can feel free to serve it immediately or store for later. Once you start making this quick and easy salad dressing and keeping it stocked in your fridge, you’ll never go back to those lackluster store-bought options again!
How to Make Homemade Caesar Dressing
Blend, enjoy, repeat! It doesn’t get much easier than this. Just plug in that food processor and let it do all the work for you!
- Blend it. Add everything (except for the olive oil) to a food processor and blend. As you’re blending, slowly pour in the olive oil until incorporated. Stop and scrape the sides as needed.
- Enjoy! You can either enjoy the salad dressing right away or store it in the fridge for later use.
In an airtight container in the fridge, homemade Caesar dressing will stay fresh for about 4-5 days. Give the dressing a good stir before serving again, just in case any of the ingredients have separated in the fridge. I don’t recommend freezing Caesar dressing.
How to Use Caesar Dressing
The most obvious way to use this dressing is of course on a salad! Simply toss your Caesar dressing with chopped romaine lettuce, croutons, and shaved parmesan cheese for a quick and easy side dish. You can add some sliced chicken breast to bulk it up if you’d like. Also, all of these salad ingredients taste great when tossed together and served in a wrap for lunch! Some people even use Caesar dressing as a dip for their pizza.
There are so many uses for this classic salad dressing! You’ve also got to try my favorite chicken Caesar pasta salad recipe with this dressing – it’s the best.
What can you substitute for anchovy paste in Caesar dressing?
There are plenty of options to choose from. You can always add just a little more salt, or choose something a bit more flavorful like soy sauce or worcestershire sauce. In my opinion, the closest substitute to anchovy paste is fish sauce. Essentially, fish sauce is just fermented anchovy paste, so the flavors are very similar. You can typically find fish sauce in the Asian section of the grocery store.
Serve the best salads every time when you make homemade salad dressings!
Get the Recipe: Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 food processor
- Add the garlic, mayonnaise, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, dijon, lemon juice and yes, cheese, pepper and salt to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Blend until almost smooth.
- While running the food processor on slow, stream in the olive oil until well incorporated.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 10 days or use on your favorite salad greens, sandwiches and more.