Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Instant Pot Pulled Pork is incredibly easy to make and always yields meat that’s so tender it really just falls apart! The pressure cooker prevents the pork from drying out and it also makes the cooking process quick and oh so simple. This foolproof recipe takes just one hour from the Instant Pot to the table!
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
I don’t know if making homemade pulled pork has ever been this quick and easy! While the slow cooker also yields tender and delicious results, you have to wait hours for your dinner to slowly cook.
When you don’t have that kind of time, go ahead and plug in the Instant Pot! The prep time is just about 15 minutes and it cooks to perfection in just a little over half an hour.
When you cook pork in the Instant Pot, it really seals in the moisture in the best way. It’s a pretty big no-no to serve dried out pulled pork, and you’re going to be able to tell it’s dry no matter how much sauce you slather it with.
Avoid that entirely with this easy cooking method! Lock in that moisture and cook your pork in no time at all for the ultimate easy dinner.
It’s not just weeknight family dinners that this recipe is perfect for, either. I’ve made it for parties, potlucks, and everything in-between! It’s a low-stress recipe that I love whipping up just before I head out the door or have guests come over. It’s the ultimate crowd pleaser as well. After all, who doesn’t love tender, flavorful, and filling pulled pork sandwiched between two buns?!
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Here’s a quick look at how to make the BEST pulled pork in the Instant Pot! For more detailed instructions, scroll all the way to the bottom of this post.
- Prepare the pork. Mix all of the spices in a bowl. Pour water into the pressure cooked and place the meat in there as well. Top it with apple cider vinegar, then rub the pork loin with the spice mix.
- Cook it. Lock the lid on the Instant Pot. Then, turn the steam release valve to sealing and set it to pressure cook for 35 minutes.
- Release the pressure. Once the time’s up, let the Instant Pot do a natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Shred it. Remove the pork from the pressure cooker and shred it with two forks in a separate bowl. Stir in the BBQ sauce. Return it to the pot and stir until warmed through on the lowest setting.
Can I make pulled pork with pork loin?
Yes! In this easy recipe, pork loin is the meat I like to use. It’s a leaner cut of meat with noticeably less fat than other cuts. If you’d like, you can also substitute the pork loin with pork shoulder or pork butt (these two cuts of meat are well known for pulled pork recipes). Simply sear the meat on all sides and adjust the cooking time to one hour with a 15 minute natural release.
How do I serve pulled pork?
There are SO many delicious ways to enjoy this protein. My favorite is two sandwich it between two buns just like you would a burger to make the best pulled pork sandwich! I like to enjoy mine with some pickles and sliced white onions as well.
How long does pulled pork stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, your leftover pulled pork will stay fresh for up to 3 days. It also freezes well for up to 6 months. To freeze it, place the meat in a freezer-safe bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. To thaw it, remove the meat from the freezer and defrost it at room temperature for 10 hours or in the fridge for 24 hours. Reheat the pulled pork in the microwave or on a skillet over low heat with a tablespoon of water mixed with two tablespoons of BBQ sauce to give some moisture back to it.
Keep your Instant Pot plugged in for more of my favorite easy recipes!
- Instant Pot Pork Chops in a Dijon Pan Sauce
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice
Get the Recipe: Instant Pot Pulled Pork Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3-5 pounds pork loin
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices, and set aside.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot and lay the pork loin in the water, pour the apple cider vinegar over the meat.
- Rub the spices into the pork loin.
- Lock the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release valve to sealing, and set it to pressure cook for 35 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, leave the Instant Pot to release for 10 minutes naturally, then do a quick release.
- Remove the pork from the Instant Pot, place it in a bowl, shred it with two forks, and stir in the barbecue sauce. Return to the Instant Pot, select the lowest setting and stir until reheated.
- Serve on the bun, or bread, of your choice.