Easy Classic Coleslaw Recipe
A must have picnic side dish, this Easy Classic Coleslaw recipe is ready in minutes with just a handful of ingredients. Better than your grandma used to make, this one will be a permanent fixture all summer long.
I have a little confession to make….I, actually, share them pretty often here because it’s like my safe space. But this one, I know some people will judge a bit but that’s cool because I love KFC. That’s right, I’m a big fan of Kentucky Fried Chicken and all it’s glorious sides. Especially…..the Coleslaw. It’s simple and perfect and not overly mayonnaise-y, which a lot of coleslaw tends to be. And it’s absolutely perfect alongside a pile of fried chicken. I really love when a bit of the dressing seeps into the crunchy crust of the chicken, a little sweet/savory action right there.
So, I created a simple coleslaw recipe that’s totally inspired by the one I love at KFC. And frankly, I think this Easy Classic Coleslaw recipe is even better than their version. I added a bit of greek yogurt to the dressing to lighten it up a bit without losing the flavor one bit.
Perfectly shredded cabbage is the base for this Easy Classic Coleslaw recipe with a little chopped carrot throw in for color and a little extra crunch. The dressing is a perfect blend of mayonnaise, greek yogurt, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and, the coleslaw must have, celery seed. Don’t skip it…it totally makes the dish!
This Easy Classic Coleslaw recipe is perfect alongside your favorite burger or barbecue chicken. It’s the perfect addition for every cookout and if you’re looking for a slaw with a bit of a modern twist you’re going to LOVE this Asian Style Slaw.
Classic Cole Slaw Recipe
Better than KFC...this classic Cole slaw recipe is a staple at every barbecue!
- 3 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup finely diced carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup low fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage and carrot to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and celery seed until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Coleslaw can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.