Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are the perfect two bite treat! A buttery graham cracker crust serves as the base to a sweet and creamy cheesecake mixture, and it’s all topped off beautifully with cherry pie filling! This easy recipe is semi-homemade and totally delicious.
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
I’m obsessed with cheesecake in just about any form! However, I think that mini cheesecakes might just be my favorite, if only for the fact that they’re perfect for bringing to parties and potlucks. There’s really nothing better than grabbing a handheld little sweet treat when you’re mingling with friends! These mini cherry cheesecakes are especially fun to serve because of their topping.
Store-bought ingredients are so much fun to dress up. This easy mini cheesecake recipe uses canned cherry pie filling to make each cheesecake have the best fruity flavor! Plus, I really love the look that cherries add to the treats. They add such a pretty, vibrant pop of bold color and sweet flavor! Each bite of cherry pie filling, creamy cheesecake, and buttery graham cracker crust is pretty perfect.
If you’d rather make your own pie filling, this Homemade Cherry Pie Filling is easy and fantastic!
I also think that these cherry cheesecakes are wonderful for serving all year round. While cherry pie is a pretty traditional summer recipe, canned cherry pie filling never really goes out of season… So feel free to make this cherry cheesecake recipe whenever you feel like it! Whether it’s the 4th of July or a Christmas potluck, these mini cheesecakes always fly off the plate.
How to Make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
These semi-homemade cherry cheesecakes are so quick and easy to whip up! Be sure to scroll all the way down to read more specific step-by-step instructions and ingredients needed.
- Make the crust. Combine the crushed graham crackers and melted butter in a mixing bowl. Then, line a cupcake pan with paper liners and add about 2 TBSP of the crumbs to each liner. Press the crumbs into the bottom to form the crust.
- Make the cheesecake mixture. Add the cream cheese, sugar, salt, lemon juice, vanilla extract and eggs to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix until combined.
- Bake. Spoon the cheesecake mixture evenly over the crusts. Bake at 350°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Cool and add cherries. Allow the cheesecakes to first cool to room temperature, then chill them in the fridge for about 2 hours. Add cherry pie filling to the top of each mini cheesecake, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations for Cheesecake
Make your mini cheesecakes the very best they can be with these quick notes:
- No need for a water bath. Don’t give yourself the headache of trying to form a water bath around a cupcake pan! This easy cheesecake recipe doesn’t require a water bath and still yields creamy, sweet cheesecakes that are oh-so decadent.
- Not a cherry fan? No problem! You can swap out the cherry pie filling for any other pie filling or fruit you prefer. You can also omit the toppings all together and enjoy these mini cheesecakes just as they are.
- Stop the mini cheesecakes from sinking. If there’s too much air in the mixture, it’ll rise when cooking – then sink when cooling. You shouldn’t mix the cheesecake mixture on high. You could even add the eggs partly beaten at the end of mixing the cream cheese mixture to completely avoid any sinking.
- Use fresh lemon juice. The acidity of freshly squeezed lemon juice creates a much better flavor than the bottled stuff in the cheesecake mixture.
How to Store Cheesecake
You can store mini cherry cheesecakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Check out more of my favorite easy cheesecake recipes!
- Mini Strawberry Pretzel Salad Cheesecakes
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Easy Funfetti Cheesecake
- Easy Chocolate Cheesecake
Get the Recipe: Mini Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 Cups Crushed Graham Crackers
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 8oz Packs Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 21oz Can Cherry Pie Filling or our Homemade Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 mini cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the crushed graham crackers and melted butter to a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners then add 2 Tablespoons of the crumbs to each. Press well into the bottom, I used a small glass to help do this evenly.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the softened cream cheese, sugar, salt, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix on low until combined.
- Spoon over the crumbs in the liners. Fill almost to the top (they don’t rise too much).
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to set for 2 hours.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling over the top of each mini cheesecake for serving.