No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits // Video
Brunch perfection! No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits are fast, easy and a fabulous make ahead treat for all your spring and summer brunch parties. Sweet, creamy cheesecake filling is layered with berries and toasted muesli for a tasty treat you’re going to love. Light on ca
lories and packed with protein!
It’s brunch season, friends! I love how when the weather turns warmer everyone is all excited to brunch their weekends away. I’m on board with that because brunch food is the best food. And add to that….Mother’s Day….we have all the reason in the world to celebrate every single weekend with pancakes and mimosas. Am I right?
I’m all about a good brunch session….the Belgian waffles, fluffy omelets, FRENCH TOAST….I could eat it all. But with summer right around the corner I like to have a few lighter options up my sleeve, too. I think mom does, as well. I mean really….why go to the gym all winter long just to blow it all away while brunching all the days in May. So, I partnered with one of my favorite brands, Bob’s Red Mill, to create a fabulous breakfast treat that you can totally eat all day, everyday. These No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits are simply amazing and totally easy to make.
I started with a No Bake Cheesecake filling….very similar to this No Bake Cheesecake I made last summer except for these easy Breakfast Parfaits I made the filling lighter by using low-fat cream cheese and then packing in a little extra protein with Bob’s Red Mill Whey Protein Powder. I LOVE their protein powder because it doesn’t add an “off” flavor like so many other protein powders I’ve tried. I used the chocolate in these No Bake Brownie Bites and the Whey Protein Powder was just amazing in the No Bake Cheesecake filling for this recipe. Their protein powder dissolves instantly in water and is fantastic for baking! Have I mentioned I LOVE IT?
Then, I used Bob’s Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli to create a “crust” for the No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfait recipe…..I simply toasted the muesli in the oven for a few minutes to give it a more nutty flavor and then allowed it to cool to room temperature. Bob’s Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli is a European style cereal packed with oats, fruit and seeds. I love to have a bowl of it in the morning with milk or I’ll stir it into yogurt before bed for a cool breakfast on the run in the morning. If you’ve never tried Muesli before you’re in for a real treat….I love it way more than oatmeal and Bob’s Red Mill has a variety of flavors including a gluten-free and Paleo recipe. There’s truly something for everyone in your family.
To finish off these easy No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits I mashed up a few berries with just a hint of sugar to draw out their juices. Then I layered everything in glasses because…..well, because they’re prettier that way! If you don’t have glasses, you certainly can just pile it all in a bowl. It will still be just as amazing….I promise you that. And if you’re making these Breakfast Parfaits for a crowd…you can simply layer then in a smaller jar or bowl….just one layer should do. 🙂 Top with berries and try not to eat them all yourself.
No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfait
Breakfast, brunch or dessert, these No Bake Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits are a great addition to any party. Fantastic as a make ahead recipe for entertaining.
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Muesli
- 2 - 8 ounce blocks low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Whey Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- More berries for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the muesli on a baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, half and half, protein powder, syrup and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the berries and sugar. Using a fork, mash the berries to blend with the sugar and release the juices.
- In four 4 ounce jars or glasses, place 2-3 tablespoons of muesli in the bottom of each glass. Top 1/4 cup of the cheesecake filling and two tablespoons of the berries. Repeat with the remaining ingredients until filled.
- Top with additional berries and sprinkle with muesli, if desired.
- Serve immediately or transfer to the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Parfaits can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Cheesecake mixture will be slightly thicker when chilled overnight.