The Very BEST No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
The easiest and BEST No Bake Cheesecake recipe around. Rich, creamy and sweet, this simple dessert is made completely from scratch with no added gelatin. A great option for summer but just as fabulous for every occasion all year long!
This has been the summer of slacking….for me anyway. I’m feeling a bit frozen knowing that in less than two weeks we will be back into a full blown schedule. Back to school, back to work, the long lazy days of summer will soon be behind us. It’s been a blast and I’m ready to get back into our regular routine but today….I felt frozen. I have a ton of recipes I want to share with all of you but I, simply, couldn’t get myself to do anything. Not one thing. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the pool….it was calling me. The only thing that could make the day any better would be a slice of cheesecake…but since I didn’t really want to do anything, especially, not turn on the oven…..I made something a little easier. The very BEST No Bake Cheesecake…..and I’ll tell you why it’s the best in just one moment. Like in the next paragraph.
So, when laziness prevails….one may do things they wouldn’t otherwise try….like make a cheesecake in the blender. Yep, that’s right, I whipped up this No Bake Cheesecake in my blender and poured it into a simple graham cracker crust. I wasn’t really sure how this was going to turn out but a few hours in the fridge….that filling firmed up to a perfectly creamy, custardy bite of heaven. My husband ate most of it…and he’s a cheesecake snob. I was actually really worried (concerned? curious?) what he was going to think about it but the fact that half of it was polished off in less than a day usually means he likes it.
Now that I pulled off this lovely feat in the kitchen, I’m ready to get back to work in the kitchen…..after one last trip to the beach. The backpack is filled with school supplies, the new sneakers are lined up in the closet and I have a totally easy No Bake Cheesecake recipe at the ready for dessert emergencies!
And if you have leftovers (which you won’t, but just in case you do) the filling and crust would be an excellent addition in this Cheesecake Parfait. Or just invite some friends over after the school bus pulls away on the first day of school for a little brunch of Smoked Salmon Canapes…..a little bubbly cocktail and a fun fruit salad. The BEST No Bake Cheesecake recipe will be the sweetest way to kick off the new school year.
The Very Best No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Transfer to the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- While the crust is chilling, place the cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest in the pitcher of a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove the sides of the pan and serve the cheesecake with berries, if desired.
Cheesecake can be made up to 48 hours in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator.