One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet
Weeknight one pot dinners just got a punch of protein! This One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet is made with readily available pantry ingredients and is packed with fresh flavor. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Disclaimer: This post is created in partnership with Chicken of the Sea. All opinions and statements are all mine, as always.
Things are starting to get busy, busy, busy around here….it’s like the holidays are coming or something. 😉 With school in session, holidays looming and work starting to heat up I’m taking a few minutes to come up for air and eat a healthy dinner. One that can be thrown together at a moment’s notice without having to make an extra trip to the store. I’m trying to be more mindful of everything that’s stocked in the pantry to eliminate the need to call my new bestie…the pizza delivery guy. He’s been over way to often lately so my solution to the whole “pizza every darn day” problem is to start coming up with some NEW favorites that can be made in one pot…like this Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet. It’s a huge hit in our house.
It all starts with the star of the show….Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore Tuna in an EZ-Open can! I keep these on hand to throw together things like my favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole and, of course, the lunchbox staple….kid-friendly Tuna Tacos! And now we have one more recipe to add to the rotation because this One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet is crazy delicious! And just in time to celebrate National Seafood Month! (My favorite month of the year, TBH.) You can read more about the initiative here.
Chicken of the Sea Tuna has been a pantry staple in my house since I was a kid….the flavor is so fresh and light making this dinner a healthy option for busy weeknights. For this One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta I added a can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes for a tangy flavor base and a can of white beans for added protein. The green olives add a nice saltiness to the sauce but if you’re not an olive lover….you can definitely leave them out and still have a wonderfully satisfying dinner. I threw in a few marinated artichoke hearts to fill it out a bit more. A little asiago, grated parmesan, a sprinkle of basil….all tossed with a fun shaped pasta that just hugs all the ingredients into the perfect bite.
And the best part….there’s on only one pot to clean!
Get the Recipe: One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta, or other fun shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup cannellini or navy beans
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 5 ounce can Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook the pasta until al dente, approximately 6-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, bean, artichoke hearts, tuna and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Fold in the olives and return the pasta to the pan. Toss to combine.
- Stir in the asiago cheese and basil.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve immediately, with extra cheese if desired.
One Comment on “One Pot Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Skillet”
This looks amazedly, mouthwatering, delicious .