Tuna Salad Tacos
Bite sized treats perfect for an after-school snack, Tuna Salad Tacos are a fun way to change up your usual tuna salad sandwich. Mini soft taco shells are filled with the best tuna salad ever and topped with tasty taco toppings. Quick, easy and healthy!
I have a secret…I’ve been holding out on you. I didn’t do it intentionally but it’s time I come clean…..I have the best tuna salad recipe ever. No….really….I do. It’s simple and fresh and packed with protein….and you’re going to love it. But I couldn’t just post tuna salad…it didn’t feel right to me. I think you’re all smart enough to make tuna salad but this one, this is THE tuna salad recipe you’ll make forever. Light on mayo, loaded with veggies and I serve it up a little differently just to make tuna salad seem like it’s much more fun than what we all ate as kids.
For my big “tuna salad” reveal…I teamed up with Bumble Bee® to create these super easy and fun Tuna Salad Tacos using their albacore tuna. Bumble Bee® Albacore products are an easy and delicious way to add a variety of nutrients to your diet including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals. I’ve been a loyal Bumble Bee® tuna fan for years and have been whipping up amazing recipes with their albacore like these insanely awesome wraps and THESE southwestern tuna pizzas.
Tuna Salad Tacos are quick and easy to make….to create my mini taco shells I used a biscuit cutter to cut out the flour tortillas. You can cut them any size you want but I chose a 2 inch cutter so they were a cute bite-size taco. I then whipped up my tuna salad, which is filled with finely chopped veggies, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Simple and tasty! Then I topped my tacos with shredded cheese, diced fresh tomato and shredded lettuce. You can use whatever toppings you’d like to create a custom taco all your own and let the kids join in on the fun. I found that when I let my son help in the kitchen, he’s more likely to eat what I serve….not always but it’s worth the shot. Right?
If you’re looking for a quick game day snack, these Tuna Salad Tacos are perfect. The bite-sized tacos are great to grab and go stand in front of the television while screaming at the players. Or, do what I do, and eat a pile of them for lunch with a small salad. And if you’re looking for more recipe inspiration using Bumble Bee® tuna, follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Tuna Salad Tacos
- 1 5-ounce can Bumble Bee® Albacore Tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely minced carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- 1 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 small flour tortillas
- shredded lettuce
- diced fresh tomato
- shredded cheddar
- In a small bowl, add the tuna and break it up using a fork until it's shredded. Stir in the carrots, celery, onion,, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mayonnaise until well blended. Set aside.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut out two rounds from each tortilla. Fill each tortilla with 2 tablespoons tuna salad and top with lettuce, tomato and cheese. (Or your favorite fillings.
- Serve immediately.