Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut Butter Balls are no-bake treats that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! A sweet peanut butter mixture is rolled into balls and coated with melted chocolate. This is an easy dessert recipe that will make everyone at the party or potluck ask “can you send me the recipe?!”
Peanut Butter Balls
Give your oven a break this holiday season! If you’re looking for an easy to make treat (and I mean truly foolproof) to bring to your next Christmas party, this is it! Honestly, these Peanut Butter Balls are so tasty I usually make them year round. You can dress them up with food coloring or sprinkles to match just about any occasion you can think of! And trust me, you’ll be looking for excuses to make them over and over again.
If you’re a Reese’s lover, than this recipe is right up your alley. Sweetened chunky peanut butter is rolled into balls and dunked in melted chocolate, then drizzled in white chocolate for a little added flair. It’s like making your favorite candy right at home! I really love the way that the chunky peanut butter adds some texture to the candies, but you can feel free to use smooth peanut butter for a more Reese’s-inspired consistency.
I’ll give you a fair warning right now. These bad boys are seriously addictive! You can’t possibly have just one… But I dare you to try. They’re so good, in fact, that I highly suggest making a double batch of them if you’re headed to a larger party. Everyone will want more than one Peanut Butter Ball to snack on! Luckily, this recipe is so easy that doubling or even tripling the batch isn’t a big deal at all.
How to Make Peanut Butter Balls
Just so you know, you most certainly will be licking the spoon and bowl like a little kid when you’re done making these treats!
- Make the peanut butter mixture. Beat together the sugar, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla until combined.
- Freeze the balls. Roll the peanut butter mixture into 1 TBSP sized balls with your hands. Arrange them on a prepared baking sheet and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Dip them in chocolate. Melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Dip the Peanut Butter Balls in chocolate and return them to the baking sheet. Allow them to sit at room temperature until the chocolate is set.
- Drizzle the white chocolate. Now for the fun part! Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Transfer it to a piping bag and drizzle over the chocolate covered Peanut Butter Balls. Allow the white chocolate to fully set before serving. Enjoy!
This is a similar recipe to the one I use for my Peanut Butter Eggs at Easter!
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Balls
Here’s how to master this easy-peasy recipe:
- If your peanut butter mixture is too dry, mix in 1 TBSP of milk at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- While I like to use semi-sweet chocolate to dunk my Peanut Butter Balls into, you can opt for dark or milk chocolate if preferred.
- Feeling festive? Use food dye to color your white chocolate and color you’d like! Make it red, green, pink, blue, or whatever other color fits your celebration. Sprinkles are also a fun addition! Just make sure to add them while the chocolate is still wet so they stick.
- You can use smooth peanut butter if you’d like. Just note that you’ll lose the subtle crunch that chunky peanut butter provides.
No bake? No problem! Here are just a few of my best easy dessert recipes!
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- No Bake Monster Cookie Dough Bites
- No Bake Haystack Cookies
- No Bake Peppermint Bark Cookies
Get the Recipe: Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- 16 ounces confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 baking sheet
- parchment paper
- piping bag
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the sugar, peanut butter, butter and vanilla together until well combined. If the mixture seems too dry, add 1 tablespoon milk and beat until the mixture comes together.
- Shape the peanut butter mixture into 1 tablespoon sized balls by rolling in your hands and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the freezer and freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments stir in between each, until smooth.
- Dip the peanut butter balls in the chocolate to coat and return to the baking sheet.
- Allow the balls to sit at room temperature until set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments stirring in between each until smooth.
- Transfer the white chocolate to a piping bag and drizzle over the peanut butter balls.
- Allow the chocolate to set and then transfer to an airtight container.
- Store at room temperate until ready to serve.