Roasted Cauliflower with parmesan and pine nuts is flavorful, nutritious, and compliments so many different entrees! Sneaking something healthy onto your plate has never been this easy. A medley of mouthwatering seasonings makes this veggie side dish downright delicious!
Calling all cauliflower lovers! This is the only roasted cauliflower recipe you’re ever gonna need again. My bites of cauliflower always turn out tender, juicy, and oven roasted to browned perfection. Plus, I like to sneak in some pine nuts for added flavor. Trust me on this – until you’ve tried your roasted cauliflower with pine nuts, you don’t know what you’re missing out on.
Pine nuts aren’t the only ingredients that makes this baked cauliflower recipe a step above the rest. There’s also parmesan and a whole bouquet of herbs and seasonings that makes this cauliflower worth drooling over! I know, it may sound a little exaggerated that I’m singing the praises of a vegetable side dish like this… But once you try it, you’ll see what I mean. So. Much. Flavor!
I really love that I can pair this veggie with so many different entrees. It’s so flavor-packed, yet versatile enough to go well with meals like Lemon Chicken Scallopini, Pan Seared Salmon, Red Wine Braised Short Ribs and so much more. It may be low in carbs, but it’s high in flavor and nutritional value. That’s why I usually roast this veggie at least once a week!
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower
This roasted cauliflower recipe is SO easy!
- Prepare. Preheat the oven to 425°F. While that’s heating up, arrange your cauliflower florets in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Make the seasoned olive oil. Whisk together the olive oil and all of the seasonings in a small bowl.
- Drizzle and bake. Drizzle the olive oil mixture all over the cauliflower. Toss to fully coat each floret. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Add pine nuts. Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle pine nuts all over and let them gently roast on the hot pan for about 2 minutes before serving.
Tips and Variations to Try
Get the very best baked cauliflower every time with these quick tips and tricks!
- Chop your own cauliflower or buy a bag. Whatever your preference is will work just fine! The only thing is that if you buy a bag of pre-chopped cauliflower, you may need to still cut some pieces if they’re too large.
- Change the oil. If extra virgin olive oil isn’t your favorite, no worries! Avocado oil is the best substitute, but vegetable oil also works just fine.
- Grate the parmesan. If you only have enough time to use bagged shredded cheese, no worries – it’ll do the trick. However, I’ve found that freshly grated parmesan cheese creates the best flavor and consistency if you have a few extra minutes to spare.
- Use your own seasoning blend. I love using homemade Italian seasoning in this recipe! You can also swap out the seasonings I have listed for some of your favorites. That’s the beauty of cauliflower – it’s neutral enough to dress up however you’d like.
Storage and Reheating Roasted Cauliflower
Roasted cauliflower is best served fresh. If you happen to have leftovers, it’ll stay fresh in the fridge for about 2-3 days. For the best consistency, I recommend reheating the cauliflower either in the air fryer or oven until warmed through. The microwave tends to make it mushy. I don’t recommend freezing this roasted cauliflower.
Enjoy more of my favorite easy vegetable side dish recipes!
Get the Recipe: Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 1 head of cauliflower, rinsed, patted dry and cut into florets, stem discarded or saved for vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, optional
- 1 baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the seasoning mixture over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and transfer to the oven.
- Roast the cauliflower for 15-20 minutes until fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pine nuts. Allow the pine nuts to warm on the hot pan for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm.