Spaghetti Salad features a medley of fresh veggies, two different cheeses, and fresh herbs. It’s all tossed together with Italian dressing to really send it over the top! This easy summery salad is perfect for picnics, potlucks, light lunches, or any other time you’re craving refreshing flavors with your spaghetti noodles.
Picnic season is here, friends! Actually, so is backyard barbecue season and beach trip season… My point is, the sun is out and it’s time to head outside. What better to do so with than a refreshing spaghetti salad?!
This easy to make pasta salad features a bouquet of fresh veggies and herbs to really send that refreshing flavor all the way home. I also love the bites of mozzarella and sprinkle of parm in the mix!
Italian dressing is what ties this cold spaghetti salad together. It’s the best dressing to use for this salad because it really creates the best tangy, light flavor that also compliments the herbs. Oh, and you can’t forget to add a sprinkle of Italian seasoning to really double down on that flavor!
I like to use my own blend of herbs to create the very best flavor. Scroll down just a little bit for more info on that!
Packing up this spaghetti pasta salad for a beach trip or picnic just makes sense. It’s pretty filling from all the pasta, cheese, and noodles, but not so hearty that it weighs you down.
Between the fresh veggies and vibrant flavors, this light lunch or side dish is sure to hit the spot without being too much. It’s SO quick easy to make, which is also perfect for when you need to rush out the door.
How to Make Spaghetti Salad
Cook the pasta, chop the veggies, and toss it all together with two different cheeses, herbs, and Italian dressing. This recipe couldn’t be any easier!
- Cook the spaghetti. Follow package directions to cook the noodles until al dente. Be sure to salt the water. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- Place it in a bowl. Add the pasta to a large serving bowl. Top it off with the prepared veggies and cheeses.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the seasonings and Italian dressing in a separate bowl.
- Toss and garnish. Pour the dressing all over the pasta salad and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs.
- Chill, then serve. Cover the spaghetti salad and chill it in the fridge for 1-8 hours. Toss it again just before serving, and enjoy!
In an airtight container in the fridge, spaghetti salad will stay fresh for up to 8 hours. Here’s the deal – the Italian dressing will cause the veggies to lose their naturally crisp consistencies. Keep your spaghetti salad nice and fresh by only storing it for up to 8 hours. I do not recommend freezing spaghetti salad.
Can I use homemade seasoning?
YES! My homemade Italian seasoning is a pantry staple that I can’t get enough of. Making your own spice mixes and herb blends is so much fun and always creates the very best flavor!
What else can I add to spaghetti salad?
I love this refreshing veggie pasta salad just the way it is! However, there are plenty of ways you can shake things up while still keeping it delicious as can be. Feel free to toss in some pepperoni, chilled roasted zucchini, or even crushed red pepper flakes to make things more well suited for your tastes. There’s some room for creativity here – be sure to comment below if you try anything that wasn’t listed here!
Dig into more of the BEST pasta salad recipes!
- Caprese Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
- Chopped Greek Pasta Salad
- Amish Macaroni Salad Recipe
Get the Recipe: Spaghetti Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces Spaghetti
- 1 English cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 3.8 ounce can sliced black olives
- 1 container fresh mozzarella pearls
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 stockpot
- 1 mixing bowl
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions in generously salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a lage bowl, add the pasta and top with the cucumber, bell peppers, onion, grape tomatoes, olives and cheese.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the garlic powder, italian seasoning and italian dressing.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the salad and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and basil. Stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Toss again before serving and dress with fresh parsley, basil and more parmesan cheese, if desired.