Veggie Pita Pockets
Veggie Pita Pockets with dill greek yogurt sauce are wonderfully light and healthy, but still filling and satisfying! These veggie-packed pita pockets are loaded with vitamins and nutrients and are perfect for when you’re craving a guilt-free lunch that’ll actually fill you up.
Veggie Pita Pockets with Dill Greek Yogurt Sauce
Say hello to your new favorite lunch! You don’t need to be a vegetarian to enjoy a flavor-packed pita pocket. These tasty, lunch-friendly pita pockets are loaded with crunchy, fresh vegetables and a deliciously homemade dill greek yogurt sauce that’s guaranteed to make your mouth water. The way that the sauce compliments the natural flavors of the veggies without overpowering them is simply the best.
If you work in an office, you’re probably all too familiar with frozen lunches. And listen, I totally get it… We’ve all been there before. You want a lunch that’ll actually keep you full until you get home for dinner, right? Spend just a little time either the night before or the morning of and instead, make this veggie pita pocket! I promise it doesn’t take a whole lot of time, and then you’ll have a lunch that won’t just hold you over, but will satisfy you too!
What makes these veggie pita pockets so satisfying are two major elements – they’re healthy and they’re delicious. I love eating something that I know is actually providing me with nutrients, which this recipe has plenty of. However, this is no basic veggie recipe that has all the vitamins but no flavor. With the dill greek yogurt sauce, this health-conscious lunch choice is also positively scrumptious.
How to Make It
Making the creamy dill greek yogurt sauce is as simple as mixing all the ingredients together! And for the pockets themselves, you really just have to stuff all your favorite veggies into the pita pocket. It’s so simple!
Create the pocket. On a sturdy cutting board, cut the pita pieces in half. Slowly pull each side apart to create a little pocket.
Add the hummus and cheese. In each separate pocket, spread 1 tablespoon of hummus and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of feta cheese.
Add the fresh veggies. Fill the rest of the pocket with equal amounts carrot, cucumber, radishes, and sprouts.
Make it crunchy! Sprinkle sunflower seeds into the pocket.
Make the sauce. For the sauce, mix the greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
Enjoy! Serve the pitas with the greek yogurt sauce and fresh veggies on the side.
Tips for the Best Pita Pockets
- You can swap in any other kind of veggie if you do not prefer the ones listed. Sliced bell peppers, avocados, and sun dried tomatoes are all tasty additions.
- Some people like different levels of lemon and dill in their yogurt sauce, so start with the smaller level and adjust to your liking. Remember, you can always add more, but it’s impossible to take out ingredients in the sauce once they’re in there.
- If you’d like to add a protein, I recommend chicken! Whether it’s shredded or sliced, cooked white meat chicken would be a great protein to add to these nutritious pita pockets.
- The greek dill yogurt sauce will stay fresh in an airtight container for up to a week. Just make sure to keep the lid of the container truly airtight, otherwise a film could form at the top of the sauce and it’ll be spoiled.
Make your next meal something to look forward to with these deliciously healthy recipes!
- Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Autumn Apple Spinach Salad with Bacon and Candied Pecans
- Vegetable Minestrone Soup
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
For more easy vegetarian recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Veggie Pita Pockets
For the pitas
- 2 pieces pita bread
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup radishes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup broccoli sprouts, optional
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or pine nuts
For the sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 ½- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- On a sturdy cutting board, cut the pita pieces in half. Slowly pull each side apart to create a little pocket.
- In each separate pocket, spread 1 tablespoon of hummus and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of feta cheese.
- Fill the rest of the pocket with equal amounts carrot, cucumber, radishes, and sprouts.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds into the pocket.
- For the sauce, mix the greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- Serve the pitas with the greek yogurt sauce and fresh veggies on the side.