Eat with your eyes, then dig into this refreshing and light Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing. The best berries, mango, pineapple, kiwi and mint are tossed together with a bubbly, citrusy dressing that’s good enough to drink! Brunch perfection!
When you have a little one around, sometimes you watch things you probably wouldn’t watch otherwise. Like The Wiggles….those fun, peculiar men that dress in tight clothes and bounce around to songs that get stuck in your head all day long. Songs you find yourself humming to in the car instead of belting our Katy Perry or Taylor Swift. Songs like Fruit Salad. Fruit Salad….Yummy, Yummy. Fruit Salad…Let’s make some fruit salad today (Uh huh uh)
It’s fun to do it the healthy way (Uh huh uh)
Take all the fruit that you want to eat
It’s gonna be a fruit salad treat!
It goes on…and on….and on…. but I’ll spare you the rest of it because after singing that song for waaaaay to many years, I had to make my own fruit salad that didn’t have a song….but it should….and this one would not be fit for The Wiggles super fan club. This fruit salad is spectacularly amazing, refreshing, healthy and light……and the best part, it’s drenched in a Champagne Mimosa Dressing that you could easily do shots with. If that’s how you roll at brunch.
My Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing couldn’t be easier to make and it’s a feast for the eyes. Most of the time is spent cutting up your fruit, it’s best if everything is about the same size so try not to be lazy and leave gigantic chunks that barely fit into your mouth. And if you’re feeling super lazy, here’s my tip….go to your grocery store and buy an already made fruit salad, whisk up the dressing which is just champagne, cointreau (or other orange liquor), orange juice and honey. Dump it over the salad and voila…..you are a kitchen wizard!
This Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing would be an excellent addition to an breakfast or brunch spread. Perfect when fruit is at it’s peak. Round out your brunch spread with some Blueberry Mint Juleps, Smoked Salmon Canapes, and a light Strawberry Soup. And if you’re looking for more springy salad recipe be sure to try this easy Strawberry Spinach Salad or go savory with this Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad!
Sparkling Fruit Salad with Champagne Mimosa Dressing
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
- 11/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup rasperries
- 3 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped mint
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine (or sparkling grape juice if you are looking to omit the alcohol)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cointreau (or other orange liquor), optional
- Place the mango, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, kiwi and mint in a large bowl.
- Carefully toss to combine being careful not to break up the berries. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, champagne, honey and cointreau (if using) to combine.
- Right before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to coat.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 222kcal Calories from fat 11|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|