Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts is the perfect side dish to accompany just about any entree you serve it with! The brussels sprouts are made flavorful with fresh garlic, balsamic vinegar, and just a touch of salt and pepper before being air fried to crispy perfection.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Add a touch of green to your plate that even your kids will love! For too long, brussel sprouts got such a bad rap for being bland, smelly, and just all around ick. One food trend I’ve really loved about the least few years is that brussels sprouts have claimed their spot on so many kitchen tables in the most delicious way! And I think one big reason for that just might be the air fyrer.
While I do love a good oven roasted serving of brussel sprouts, the air fryer is undeniably quicker.
Plus, it guarantees that the veggies will always be so crispy on the outside and tender on the inside like these Air Fryer Green Beans. If you’ve been looking for the best air fryer veggie side dish recipe that you can use on any night of the week or for big events, this is the recipe for you!
I think my favorite thing about this entire recipe is the balsamic vinegar. After the brussel sprouts cook to near completion, they’re tossed in the tangy and sweet vinegar then popped back in the air fryer to really seal in that flavor. Cooking them for those additional few minutes makes them even crispier on the outside and it creates the BEST browned leaves from the balsamic vinegar.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts in the Air Fryer
After following this easy recipe, you may never make brussels sprouts another way ever again!
- Prepare the veggies. Chop the brussels sprouts in half. Toss them with olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook the brussels sprouts. Place the prepared brussels sprouts in the basket of your air fryer and cook at 400°F for about 10 minutes. Be sure to give the basket a good shake about halfway through cooking.
- Toss them. Remove the brussels sprouts from the air fryer and place them in a mixing bowl. Toss them with more oil, freshly minced garlic, and balsamic vinegar. Return to the air fryer.
- Cook them again. Air fry the veggies for another 4 minutes or so.
- Enjoy! Serve your brussels sprouts with the entree of your choice. Don’t forget the sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese on top!
What should I serve Brussels Sprouts with?
There are so many entrees you can choose from! Here are just some of my favorites to serve with these easy roasted veggies:
- Pan Fried Pork Chops
- The Very Best Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Pan Fried Tilapia with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Cast Iron Skillet Steak
- Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina
How long will the stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, these air fried brussels sprouts will stay fresh for about 2-3 days. You can feel free to reheat them in the microwave, but they’re so much better in the air fryer! Just pop them in the basket and cook at 350°F for about 5 minutes or until warmed through. They should be just as crispy and good as new.
Why won’t my Brussels sprouts get crispy?
Temperature is key! If the temperature is any lower than 400°F, the outer leaves will likely not turn that crispy brown color that we’re aiming for.
Also, make sure you’re not overcrowding your air fryer basket. If the brussels sprouts are all piled on top of one another, that could easily prevent them from crisping up on the outside. Work in batches if needed and shake the basket halfway through cooking to toss the veggies around so they’ll cook evenly on all sides.
Feel free to also cook the brussels sprouts for longer if they’re not quite as crispy as you’d like them to be.
Enjoy more of the BEST easy brussel sprouts recipes!
- Cheesy Baked Brussels Sprout Casserole
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Warm Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Skillet Brussels Sprouts
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- 2 pound Brussel sprouts, cleaned, trimmed, and cut in ½
- 6 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- Optional Garnish- fresh grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 air fryer
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl toss the Brussel sprouts with 4 tbsp of oil, kosher salt and black pepper. Put in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for about 10 minutes in the air fryer, shaking after 5 minutes.
- After 12 minutes of cooking remove the Brussel sprout from the air fryer and place them in a small mixing bowl. Toss with remaining oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar then return to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry/ Cook for an additional 4 minutes until the garlic is roasted with the Brussels sprouts.
- Serve immediately with your favorite main dish, optional to add some fresh parmesan cheese.
For extra crispy brussel sprouts, cooking time can be increased to 12 minutes, shaking half way through.
The larger the brussel sprouts, the better the result. If you only have access to smaller sized brussel sprouts, the cooking time should be reduced accordingly.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave at 50% power for 30-60 seconds.