The Very Best White Queso Dip Recipe // Video
The easiest and BEST White Queso Dip recipe made without processed cheese! Super creamy, smooth and rich, this simple yet craveable party staple is absolutely fool-proof. A hint of spice will keep you coming back for more!
White Queso Dip
I’m going to fill you in on a little secret….I shared it here before but maybe you’re new and don’t know me very well. Or maybe you’re one of my internet besties but the story was so long ago you may have forgotten. OR maybe you’re just here for the recipes and you usually just scroll down to the bottom of the page whisking through all my witty banter because you have a houseful of kids that need to be fed.
Either way, here it is: I used to hate Mexican food. All of it. And you know why…because I based my love/hate of Mexican food solely on one meal I had at Taco Bell. Judge away, my friends. Judge. Away.
But it’s all cool because during my second pregnancy all I craved was Mexican food, so now I’m totally on the enchilada-loving band wagon complete with loaded nachos, margaritas and, of course, creamy Queso dip.
I don’t know what has come over me because I’m usually not one of those people that totally counts down the days until Taco Tuesday or literally salivates the moment someone mentions Cinco de Mayo. But goodness, I have fallen hard in love with the creamy and spicy goodness of so many Mexican food dishes. So, it was my duty to add more cheesy goodness to the mix in the form of the BEST White Queso Dip recipe ever. Ever.
I can say that with the utmost confidence because this recipe didn’t come easy. I wanted one without using that shelf-stable processed cheese that is so common in many recipes, and I wasn’t a fan of the addition of American cheese. Therefore, I had to test this white queso recipe many, many, many, many times to get it right and absolutely fool-proof.
And that it is: fool-proof. The Very Best White Queso Dip recipe that’s so easy to make with no risk of the sauce breaking or becoming chalky (just an FYI…chalky cheese is never good). I added jalapeños to the mix to give it some spice and then topped it with sliced tomatoes so it wouldn’t get watered down with a full salsa.
While this white queso dip has great depth of flavors, it is surprisingly simple and easy to make at home without any processed fake foods!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Olive oil
- White onion
- Jalapeño – be sure to seed thoroughly!
- Cream cheese
- Colby jack cheese
- Diced tomatoes
That’s it! The cream cheese helps to create that perfectly creamy texture you need in a good cheese dip, and the jalapeño adds just the right hint of heat. Not complicated, but oh-so craveable!
How To Make It
- Sauté diced onion with olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Add the jalapeno and stir for a few minutes; next, add the garlic and continue to sauté.
- Stir in the milk and salt, and bring to a low simmer.
- Add cubed cream cheese, stirring until smooth.
- Lastly, stir in Colby jack cheese and continue to cook until smooth.
- Top with diced tomatoes and serve immediately with chips.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas
If you’re looking for something a bit more exciting than traditional creamy queso dip, you should definitely check out this Queso Fundido with Chorizo – it’s equally deliciously cheesy awesome! And you’ve got to try my favorite Hot Crab Dip and this easy Spinach Artichoke Dip! And next week, we’ll be sure to wash them both down with an icy cold Margarita!
For more game day recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: The Very Best White Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- In a medium heavy bottom skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in the jalapeño and cook until fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the kosher salt and milk. Cook until simmering, then reduce heat to low.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Colby jack cheese and stir. Cook until smooth and creamy.
- Top with the tomatoes and serve immediately with chips.
2 Comments on “The Very Best White Queso Dip Recipe // Video”
Can you use whole milk instead of low fat?