The Very Best Rice Krispie Treats
Just when you thought the best snack couldn’t get any better….I made these! The Very Best Rice Krispie Treats have a few extra things to make them the BEST EVER Rice Krispie Treats you will ever sink your teeth into. Sweet, gooey and completely, insanely amazing.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!! I hope every single one of you woke up to a big, fragrant bouquet of flowers, a giant box of chocolate truffles and breakfast in bed. 🙂 As much as I don’t really LOVE Valentine’s Day…I wish the best for all of you hopeless romantics out there because there’s nothing worse on Valentine’s Day then being depressed on Valentine’s Day. Well, there is….I know…but if you have a Valentine and they forget they’re your Valentine….then it’s a pretty sad and miserable day. Don’t you think?
So, to keep things low key here…in the event that you are not enjoying a big, beautiful bouquet of roses, I give you the recipe for the Very Best Rice Krispie Treats ever. So, you can make you’re very own Valentine treats all year long. They’re pretty simple to make and the base for so many of my cereal treat recipes here at The Soapbox….like these fun footballs that are perfect for tailgating or these chocolate covered Halloween treats. I even dyed a batch red for my son’s Valentine’s treat to take to school today and share with his class since these Santa Krispie Treats were such a hit last time.
The Very Best Rice Krispie Treats become the very best by adding a few extra things like….extra marshmallows, vanilla bean paste and extra butter. The combination makes the flavor completely amazing and gives you extra ooey, gooey Rice Krispie Treats that are completely and totally insanely addictive.
I melt the butter in a saucepan and then add the large marshmallows. Stir until completely melted THEN add the mini marshmallows cooking until they are melted but still lumpy. Those lumps create the stretchy, sweet heaven that makes these amazing. Stir in the vanilla and then the Rice Krispies. Try not to eat the melty goodness that is about to become the Very Best Rice Krispie Treats…..it will be very hard but I have faith that you can finish the process. Then you can proceed to eat the entire pan. And we can be forever Rice Krispie Treat loving Valentines. 🙂 Happy Heart day!
The Very Best Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal (or other crispy rice cereal)
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 16 ounce package large marshmallows
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or pure vanilla extract)
- Pour the cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat, add the butter to a large saucepan and melt.
- Add the large marshmallows to the pot and stir to combine with the butter. Continue to stir until the marshmallows have melted and are smooth.
- Add the mini marshmallows to the pot and stir until they melt but are still visible.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir to combine.
- Pour the cereal mixture into a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Press the mixture into an even layer with your hands coated in butter or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Cut the Krispie treats into squares and serve immediately or transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.