Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats Recipe
This recipe for Overnight Oats with Toasted Coconut and Blueberries is the easiest breakfast you’ll ever make from scratch. A healthy way to start your day, these Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats can be packed up for the perfect grab and go breakfast treat.
I tend to skip breakfast….a lot. Which is a big no-no for so many reasons, one being…if I don’t eat in the morning I’m likely to eat something totally unhealthy before lunch. And since I work out first thing in the morning, the last thing I want to do is starve myself when my body is trying to recover. Even if I don’t workout, I still need to fuel up to be able to tackle my day without getting a case of the hangries. And even if I do eat breakfast….if I don’t plan ahead by having something ready to go that’s quick and easy….I’ll tend to just eat a handful of nuts on the way to the gym or one of my favorite RX bars. Not necessarily a bad thing but later in the day you’ll find my face in a bag of chips or worse, hitting the McDonald’s drive through for a Happy Meal. They really do make me happy…for a second.
So, I try to come up with breakfast recipes I can make in a big batch to have on hand for a quick meal in the morning. Like these Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches or THIS Slow Cooker Overnight Oatmeal that I freeze in Texas size muffin tins. OR these Overnight Oats with Toasted Coconut and Blueberries that are so easy to make and one my favorite ways to start the day. Healthy, filling and so incredibly addicting….you’ll almost feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast!
Packed with fiber filled oats, fresh blueberries and toasted coconut, these overnight oats are cool and creamy. A cinch to whip up the night before, you can pack your oats into individual servings for an easy, portable breakfast you grab from the refrigerator on your way to the office. I love to save some for an afternoon snack….you know, that time before lunch and dinner when your energy starts to plummet and all you can think about is hitting the vending machine? Or McDonald’s drive through. Having this Blueberry Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats recipe on hand will help to curb your appetite and boost your energy so you can power through the rest of your day like a rock star!
To make this Blueberry Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats recipe simply stir together the coconut milk and oats the night before and refrigerate. If you’re not a coconut milk fan, you can totally replace the coconut milk with soy milk, almond milk or regular low fat milk. You’ll still be rewarded with a rich, creamy and cool oatmeal “pudding.” In the morning, give the oats a quick stir, maybe stir in a little more of your favorite milk if they’re really thick, and portion out into jars or resealable containers. Layer the oats with the blueberries and top with your toasted coconut flakes. AND, this overnight oats recipe is still fantastic if you leave out the coconut (although it would need a new name, but you get the picture.)
I like to make a big batch of overnight oats….sometimes even doubling the recipe. They last for about 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator but, seriously, I usually eat them in about 2 days all by myself…one for breakfast, one for an afternoon snack and then another for dessert. They’re so creamy and rich….I could totally pass these off as dessert for a casual (and healthy) dinner party! And I’ve been sharing my favorite things to eat on Instagram….to see what I’m stumbling on in the grocery store or whipping up with the scraps in the fridge make sure you’re following me over there!
Blueberry Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats Recipe
Creamy and satisfying, Blueberry Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats recipe is a fabulous way to start the day. This easy make ahead breakfast is also a healthy snack!
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup low fat plain yogurt (not Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut milk, oats and yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight or for 8 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap and stir the oats to combine. (If the mixture is thicker than you prefer, add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk or regular milk until the desired consistency.)
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the oats into the bottom of four 4 ounce jars or resealable containers. Top the oats with a handful of blueberries and top with another 1/4 cup of the oats. Add a few more blueberries on top of the final layer of oats and sprinkle with the toasted coconut flakes.
- Seal each jar with a lid or plastic wrap if making ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Or serve immediately.
- Overnight oats can be made up to 4 days in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.