This is my family’s favorite Breakfast Tacos recipe! Eggs, refried beans, and all of our favorite fresh toppings sit on top of tortillas and make for the best bite every single time. Whether you’re making these handheld breakfast staples for your family or for a big brunch party with friends, they’ll be a huge hit!
Breakfast tacos, anyone? If there’s anything that will get my feet out of bed no matter how early it may be, it’s the promise of refried beans and scrambled eggs in a tortilla. Toss on some hot sauce and you’ve really got my attention!
But let’s be honest… we can do better than that. While the essentials are pretty delicious (and just fine for picky eaters), I like to really dress up my tacos.
If you’re hosting some friends over for a brunch party or just want to really impress your family on a Saturday morning, consider assembling a little taco topping bar!
Salsa, avocado slices, crumbled bacon and more are all great ingredients to lay out and let people choose from. While I like extra hot sauce and cilantro, that may not be your vibe – and that’s the beauty of a toppings bar!
You can even switch up the base of your tortillas. I’m usually a sucker for warmed flour tortillas with my breakfast tacos, but you can opt for corn if you’d prefer.
After all, it’s your kitchen, you make the rules! No need to overspend on tacos at a brunch restaurant this weekend when the food may or may not be made to your liking. With tacos you assemble yourself, you know they’ll always hit the spot.
How to Make Breakfast Tacos
These tacos come together in no time. Whip them up while you sip on your morning coffee or even a bloody mary!
- Heat up the beans. You can make some homemade refried beans or just heat up a can of them! If you go with a can, just empty the beans into a small pot and heat over low-medium heat, stirring often, until warmed all the way through. Don’t let them burn!
- Cook the eggs. Check out more info about how to make the best scrambled eggs right here on my site. And yes, they really are the very best.
- Assemble the tacos. Warm up the tortillas. Spread some refried beans on the tortillas, then the eggs, then the toppings of your choice. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
See what I mean by seriously easy?! It should really only take you about 10-15 minutes to whip up a big batch of tacos, even if you are a little groggy in the morning.
Toppings to Try
Assemble the best topping bar with all the right fixings when you serve your breakfast tacos! Here are just a few of my favorite options, but feel free to get even more creative with what you serve:
- Hot sauce
- Sliced avocados
- Cojita cheese
- Sliced jalapeños
- Crumbled Bacon
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa (so many different brands will work well)
- Sour cream
- The Best Guacamole
- Fresh cilantro
Can I make breakfast tacos ahead of time?
I don’t recommend it. Once your eggs are scrambled, the beans are warmed and they both fill the tortillas, the tacos are ready to be garnished and served. They won’t hold up well if reheated and the tortillas will just get soggy over time. These tacos are best served nice and fresh and enjoyed right away for the best results.
If anything, you can prepare your toppings the night before and keep them all stored in separate airtight containers in the fridge.
Start your day off with more of my favorite savory breakfast recipes!
For more easy breakfast ideas, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 8 small corn or flour tortillas
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- chopped fresh cilantro, cheese, sour cream and/or diced jalapeños, optional
- 1 skillet
- Warm the tortillas according to the package instructions. Keep warm.
- In a small frying pan, make the scrambled eggs.
- Divide the beans evenly between the tortillas and spread the refried beans on the center of the tortilla
- Top the beans with a spoonful of scrambled eggs and then garnish with your favorite toppings like avocado, salsa or guacamole.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!