Homemade Cajun Seasoning is just seven bold spices that blend together to create one seriously powerful medley of flavors! Making your own seasonings at home is a wonderful way to customize the flavors just the way you like and keep all those artificial preservatives out of your spice cabinet. This mouthwatering cajun seasoning is not a recipe you want to miss out on!
Listen, I get it. Buying a container of seasoning from the store seems much easier than whipping it up yourself! However, this assumption is pretty far from the truth. Making your own seasoning at home is as simple as mixing everything together, jarring it, and enjoying it. Yes, really! Plus, I find that when I make things like this cajun seasoning myself, I tend to use it in more inventive ways. While I toss it into many different cajun recipes, I also sprinkle it on scrambled eggs, popcorn, and french fries!
While the measurements listed in this recipe create my ideal cajun seasoning, a perfect balance of spicy, tangy, herby, and salty, everyone’s tastes are different! If after whipping up a jar of this seasoning you want to enhance a specific flavor, just stir more of that ingredient into the mix. When you make your own seasonings at home, you get to alter the flavors to fit your exact preferences. Want it spicier? Add more cayenne and chili powder. Smokier? More smoked paprika! Or, if your tastes are similar to mine, you’ll like this cajun seasoning just as it is.
If you’ve never experienced the joy of tasting cajun seasoning before, you’re in for a real treat. It’s one of the boldest blends of spices I’ve ever tasted, and it’s seriously addictive. If you like savory flavors that range from smokey and salty to spicy and tangy, this is the seasoning mix for you! It’s an all-purpose seasoning that really shines in classic cajun dishes, but can also enhance so many other recipes. With that being said, if you want to try your hand at a traditional cajun masterpiece, you should use this seasoning in my favorite Cajun Corn Maque Choux recipe!
How to Make It
As previously stated, it’s incredibly easy to make your own seasoning at home. Skip the store-bought blend and instead, whip up a batch of this stuff in no time flat!
Whisk. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
Enjoy and store. Transfer to an airtight container and use in your favorite cajun inspired recipes. Store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
A storing tip – When keeping this cajun seasoning in your kitchen, make sure it’s in an airtight container and out of direct sunlight. That will keep it fresh for longer!
Other Way to Use Cajun Seasoning:
While it’s great in Cajun Seafood Boils and other classic cajun cuisine like gumbo, remember that this is an all-purpose seasoning that goes great on SO many different dishes! Here are just a few tasty ways to use your homemade seasoning.
- Sprinkled over scrambled eggs, french fries, popcorn, chips, and so much more.
- Mixed with fettuccine pasta sauce to create an unforgettably mouthwatering creamy cajun pasta dish.
- Used as a dry rub for chicken, steak, tofu, or fish.
- Slathered with butter on corn on the cob.
- Season some roasted vegetables with cajun seasoning, especially the veggies known as the “holy trinity,” which include bell peppers, celery and onions.
- Make a large batch of cajun seasoning, jar it into several jars, and hand them out as gifts or party favors to friends! Buying gifts for friends can be a challenge sometimes, but this cajun seasoning is a gift from the heart that just keeps on giving. Be ready to share this recipe with those same friends, too!
Spice up your life by making the BEST homemade seasonings! After all, you deserve so much better than store-bought, right?!
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- Best Hamburger Seasoning
- Ancho Chili Powder
- Homemade Old Bay Seasoning
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
For more easy pantry recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Get the Recipe: Cajun Seasoning Recipe
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight container and use in your favorite cajun inspired recipes.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 months.
One Comment on “Cajun Seasoning”
Thank you for this recipe! Used it this evening! DELICIOUS!!!