Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza is here to revolutionize the way you make homemade pizza! It’s an easy to make pizza that’s thick, flavorful, and seriously impressive to whoever you serve it to. Make it for a fun family Friday night or for an at home dinner party with friends!
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
We include links to products we use to create this recipe. We may be compensated for purchases made using these links. Thank you for supporting our site.
If you’ve ever enjoyed a slice of cast iron skillet pizza from a restaurant, you already know how amazing it is! But what I bet you didn’t know is how easy it is to make, too. In just a few easy to follow steps with a handful of simple ingredients, you’re going to enjoy what might possibly be the BEST pizza you’ve ever had. I know those are fighting words for many people out there, but trust me – this pizza is the real deal.
What I really love about this specific cast iron skillet pizza recipe is just how filling and hearty it is. The dough is pretty thick, and it’s topped with plenty of cheese, sauce, and two types of meat that’ll make you savor every indulgent bite. Honestly, this homemade, oven baked pizza puts the take-out places to shame! It’s extremely flavorful, filling, easy to make, and has a certain “oomph” to it that only a cast iron skillet can give.
As mentioned previously, this pizza is fit for pretty much any and all occasions. Whether you’re having an at home pizza night with your family on a Friday night, watching the big game with the guys, or heading to your neighborhood block party, this pizza will be the star of the show. Just be ready to share this recipe no matter where you’re headed, because everyone will be asking for it!
How to Make It
Heat it up. Preheat oven to 500˚F. Place a 12 inch cast iron skillet in the oven and heat for 10 minutes.
Coat the pan and add the dough. Carefully remove the pan from the oven and add the olive oil. Move the pan around to coat the skillet with the oil and then carefully spread the pizza dough evenly over the bottom of the skillet pressing the excess up the sides of the pan.
Add the sauce. Spoon the pizza sauce over the dough in an even layer.
Make it cheesy! Sprinkle both cheeses over the surface of the dough. We even like to go to the edge of the crust for the crispy, golden bits that bake onto the crust!
Add the meat. Evenly distribute both the sausage and pepperoni over the cheese.
Bake. Return the skillet to the oven and bake the pizza for approximately 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and and the crust is golden.
Enjoy! Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and serve!
This Cast Iron Skillet from Lodge is my favorite cookware. A true workhorse in the kitchen, this pan is priced under $30. A must have in your cooking arsenal.
Tips for the Best Cast Iron Pizza
- Homemade pizza dough works well for this recipe, but you can also buy pizza dough from the store or your favorite pizza restaurant.
- Skillet pizza can sometimes be difficult to cut in the pan. If you can’t cut it in the skillet, you can easily remove the whole pizza from the pan to cut on a flat surface kitchen shears make it easier to cut your pizza into slices.
- You can remove the meat from this recipe or use plant-based substitutes to make it vegetarian friendly.
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes to your pizza sauce to make it a little spicy!
- Really make sure that the olive oil coats the pan before adding your pizza dough. If the pan isn’t properly oiled, the dough will be pretty impossible to remove from it.
Pizza night should really be every night, right?!
- Neapolitan Pizza
- Grilled Margherita Pizza
- Easy Chicken Enchilada Pizza
- Grilled Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
For more easy pizza recipes, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Cast Iron Skillet Pizza with Sausage and Pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan, optional
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- cast iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 500˚F.
- Place a 12 inch cast iron skillet in the oven and heat for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and add the olive oil.
- Move the pan around to coat the skillet with the oil and then carefully spread the dough evenly over the bottom of the skillet pressing the excess up the sides of the pan.
- Spoon the pizza sauce over the dough in an even layer.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the surface of the dough (we even like to go to the edge of the crust for the crispy, golden bits that bake onto the crust.)
- Evenly distribute both the sausage and pepperoni over the cheese.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake the pizza for approximately 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and and the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
2 Comments on “Cast Iron Skillet Pizza”
I would have never thought about using my cast iron skillet! Thank you, Kellie!
I don’t eat cheese, but I love pizza without it! I made my own pizza dough and used my own tomato sauce from milled tomatoes and added a lot of fresh vegetables to make a delicious pizza!
I’m so glad you loved it!