Chicken Milanese with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives and Maple Dijon Dressing
Crispy chicken cutlets are topped with a refreshing light and tasty salad to create the ultimate healthy weeknight dinner. Easy to make, Chicken Milanese with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives and Maple Dijon Dressing will soon be a regular in your weeknight meal planning.
We are big chicken fans here in my house, so it makes sense to know a little about your food’s history if you’re going to eat a ton of it. In the recent research I’ve done, it’s great to see that we have options available to fit our own ethical beliefs…whether it be in the way the animals are farmed or if they’ve been treated with antibiotics. It’s purely up to you when you go to the grocery store in what you want to feed your family. But since we eat so much chicken, it’s nice to know there are brands dedicated to bringing all-natural products right to your dinner table.
NatureRaised Farms is committed to “Doing What’s Right, Right from the Start.®” That’s why all of their products and the raising of their animals meet strict standards:
- 100% All Natural* Ingredients
- No Antibiotics Ever
- 100% Vegetarian Diet—no animal protein or bakery by-products (which could include eggs, animal oils, fish oils or tallow)
- No Added Hormones**
I checked out their Pinterest page and was totally inspired to make this Chicken Milanese. I put my own fresh spin on it by topping my version with artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and a tangy Maple Dijon Dressing. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner that’s clean and healthy. I found the Nature Raise Farms® chicken in the freezer section of my local Target and even found a 15% off coupon HERE.
If you’re looking for a quick, healthy dinner that the entire family will love then you definitely want to try this Chicken Milanese with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives and Maple Dijon Dressing. I even served a side of THESE amazing green beans to help bulk up the fiber a bit…and since dinner was super light, we still had room for this AMAZING vanilla bean pudding.
Get the Recipe: Chicken Milanese with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives and Maple Dijon Dressing
- 3 boneless, skinless NatureRaised Farms chicken breasts, thawed
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups spring mix salad
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata pitted olives
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 pepperoncini
- For the dressing:
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place one chicken breast in a zip top bag and close tightly. Pound the chicken breast until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Add the flour, salt, pepper and onion powder to a shallow bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the eggs to a second shallow bowl and beat lightly. Add the panko to a third shallow bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium heat. Dredge one chicken breast in the flour, the egg and then the panko. Place the chicken in the pan and repeat with the remaining chicken. Cook each breast until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes and then turn over using a spatula. Cook the other side until golden brown and then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Bake the chicken for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and top with 1 cup of salad greens. Divide the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and cheese evenly among each plate. Top each with one pepperoncini and drizzle with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Social post & recipe is sponsored by NatureRaised Farms® Chicken but all comments and opinions are organically my own.