Sautéed Green Beans with Everything Spice and Brown Butter
A side dish with a little EXTRA…..Sautéed Green Beans with Everything Spice and Brown Butter Sauce seem really fancy but they take minutes to make. Tender, crisp green beans tossed with Everything Bagel Seasoning and drenched in brown butter will be on repeat all week long.
Aren’t the side dishes at the holidays the best ever? So, why shouldn’t that be the same during the week? I love a good side dish….like an amped up pile of peas or some totally over the top mashed potatoes.
I don’t know why I just steam and toss the stuff on the plate when recipes like these easy Sautéed Green Beans can be made in about 5 minutes flat.
I mean, seriously, I could make a dinner of just side dishes and totally kick the protein to the curb. I’m all about the comfort food and not a big fan of veggies unless they’re loaded up with the good stuff…..in this case it’s Everything but the Bagel Spice and Brown Butter sauce. Which isn’t really a sauce at all….it’s just salty, savory brown butter in all it’s simple glory.
I’m a self professed butter expert and brown butter is like my fave thing ever. It’s such a simple thing to make and, yet, we always get a little lazy and lax with the side dishes. Don’t you agree? But now that grilling season is getting fired up…..get it? grill….fired up….ok, I’ll stop. We now have time (and an extra spot in the dishwasher) to make our veggies a little bit extra.
This is, by far, the BEST Sautéed Green Beans recipe I’ve ever made and it’s sooooo insanely easy to get on the table. They seem super fancy so you could totally add this one to a holiday menu for Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter but we have them multiple times a month because they’re just that good.
To make perfect Sautéed Green Beans there are a few pro tips you need to know so you don’t end up with undercooked or overcooked green beans. Be sure to use FRESH green beans for this recipe…..no worries, fresh green beans are always readily available all year long in most well stocked grocery stores.
How to Cook Green Beans
First things first….when cooking fresh green beans you kinda need to give them a little head start before throwing them into a searing hot pan to sauté. To get them started you will need to blanche them in boiling water then shock them in ice water.
To blanche your fresh green beans:
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute or until bright green in color.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the green beans to ice water to stop the cooking process.
You have now successfully blanched your green beans! How easy was that?!?
Now you’re ready to sauté your fresh green beans.
To sauté your green beans:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the green beans to the pan and toss to coat with the oil.
- Cook the green beans for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. The skins may start to turn golden and blister a bit….that’s a good thing.
- When the green beans are finished cooking, immediately transfer them to a platter.
- Season liberally with Everything Spice Blend and drizzle with the brown butter sauce.
What pairs well with green beans?
Basically, there’s no limit to what you can put on or alongside your sautéed green beans. This easy Green Bean recipe was the OG here on the blog and is totally amazing….definitely give it a try to mix things up during the week.
Things to serve with Sautéed Green Beans with Everything Spice and Brown Butter
- The very BEST Oven Baked Chicken Breast.…so tender and juicy!
- Super easy Crockpot Meatloaf
- The BEST EVER Mississippi Pot Roast
- This Filet Mignon is insanely easy!
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs with Garlic Butter Sauce
But really, this easy Sautéed Green Bean recipe goes well with soooooo many other things that you can’t go wrong whenever you whip this one up. It’s great for leisurely weekend meals or quick weeknight dinners. And kids LOVE them.
Looking for more easy side dish recipes? Try these reader FAVES:
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes
- Brown Butter Peas with Mint
- Easy Classic Coleslaw recipe
- Honey Roasted Carrots with Tarragon
- Easy Grilled Garlic Potatoes in foil
- Roasted Asparagus with Pine Nuts
And sooooooo many more easy side dishes you can find by just searching for side dishes here on the blog.
Sauteed Green Beans with Everything Spice and Brown Butter
- 3 lbs green beans trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Everything Bagel Spice
- 1/2 cup butter
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans to the pot and cook 1 minute or until bright green in color.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the green beans to an ice bath.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the green beans to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Season with the Everything Bagel Spice and toss to coat. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Bring the butter to a boil and, stirring constantly, cook until the butter solids begin to turn golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- Pour the butter over the green beans and serve immediately.