Triple Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
Why bake up just plain old Banana Bread when you can make this Triple Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe instead? Rich, chocolate-y and moist, this one is going into the record books as BEST BANANA BREAD EVER! Yeah, I said it.
I’m sitting here wondering why, exactly, I came back from San Francisco the other day….besides the fact that I have a home here in Philly….a family to drive me crazy….dishes that were piled high in the sink when I got back….and a snow storm looming on the horizon.
Like in just a few hours, really. Wait….why did I come back? Well, I love my family and they were here but this snow garbage is for the birds. I’m so ready for spring…warm weather, fresh cut grass, flowers peeking their buds up through the stale, dusty mulch. Who’s with me? But in the meantime….since winter has decided to stay a bit longer….let’s bake. This Triple Chocolate Banana Bread recipe is just the thing you need to help you survive this silliness.
I bake Banana Bread at least three times a month….some may say to buy less bananas but there’s something comforting about seeing a couple bananas that are beyond freckled knowing I can whip up something sweet and easy in about an hour. If you’ve never made banana bread before….I don’t even know who you are.
It seems to be a staple for everyone I know….because bananas tend to go from green to brown in a blink of an eye. And if you’re trying not to waste your food…banana bread is the perfect way to put them to good use. But one can get tired of the same old recipe so that’s why I’ve come up with several banana bread recipes to help you out like this Triple Chocolate Banana Bread…..it’s a great way to get your chocolate fix AND to use up those bananas.
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread couldn’t be easier to make either…..simply whip up the batter in the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a big bowl with your hand mixer) and pour into a loaf pan. Bake for an hour and voila….you have chocolate goodness with a hint of banana.
To make my Triple Chocolate Banana Bread extra chocolate-y and over the top addicting, I mixed cocoa powder right into the batter, then folded in both semi-sweet AND dark chocolate chips. There it is…triple chocolate.
The chocolate chips get all melted into the bread…some of them hang tough for an extra sweet treat when you bite into it. I’ve made so many killer banana bread recipes like this Pina Colada Banana Bread with a coconut glaze and THIS one that I decided was the perfect way to marry banana and Zucchini together for a match made in heaven.
All of them were started from the very BEST Banana Bread recipe but now….this Triple Chocolate number is the BEST that there is. For now. Until I have another batch of bananas that have suffered from neglect. But they always end up for the better.
Want even more banana bread recipes? Check out these favorites!
- Blueberry Streusel Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Bread with maple glaze
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Ricotta Banana Bread Muffins
- Super Moist Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 2/3 cups mashed ripe banana about 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter beating at medium speed until fluffy. On low-speed, add the banana, milk, greek yogurt and eggs mixing until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Keeping the mixer on low-speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Beat just until blended.
- Pour the batter into a 9×5 inch metal loaf pan coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Banana Bread can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
To freeze: Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and then wrap again with foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before serving.