Cilantro Lime Dressing
Cilantro Lime Dressing is creamy, tangy, deliciously smooth and so easy to whip up! This salad dressing is what you need to get you through to hot summer months. Fresh cilantro and lime juice come together in a medley of other bold ingredients like honey, yogurt, garlic and more!
Cilantro Lime Dressing
You’ll never buy a jar of cilantro lime dressing from the store again once you try this easy homemade recipe! It’s so smooth, creamy, and rich with vibrant fresh flavors. I seriously put this stuff on everything – salads, chicken, grilled veggies, you name it! It has quickly become one of my favorite condiments, especially during the spring and summer when I crave vibrant flavors with fresh ingredients.
The signature creamy consistency of this dressing is created by yogurt. There’s room for customization here! You can use a low fat yogurt or regular, just note that the consistency may differ. Scroll down to the ingredients section to check out more notes on what you’ll need and what you can change about this versatile recipe. It’s so simple and budget-friendly!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Dressing
Blend, enjoy, repeat – it’s that easy! For more details about the step-by-step instructions and ingredients needed, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Blend. Measure all of the ingredients and add them to a food processor or blender. Pulse/blend until totally smooth.
- Enjoy! You can either store the dressing for later (more details on that below) or use it right away. I do recommend letting it chill for about 1 hour prior to serving as a salad dressing.
Let’s take a quick look at your shopping list before you head to the store:
- Yogurt – It can be regular or low-fat. Just make sure it’s PLAIN with no added flavors.
- Olive Oil – This can be swapped with avocado oil if preferred.
- Cilantro – You may want to give it a little rinse before adding it to the blender. Cilantro may occasionally have some dirt/residue from the farm, depending on where you buy it.
- Parsley – For the best flavor make sure this is fresh, not dried!
- Limes – You’ll need both the juice and zest of two limes. While you technically can use bottled lime juice, it will not create the same fresh and acidic flavor that fresh limes do.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic cloves are what you’ll need, not pre-minced. The key to success here is all fresh ingredients!
- Honey – Always try to get your hands on local/organic honey when possible for the best flavor.
- Garlic Powder – This adds more depth to the garlic cloves. You can always add a little more if you’d like, just note that garlic powder has a tendency to overpower other ingredients.
- Cayenne Powder – Just a touch enhances the savory flavor in the best way. Add more for extra heat or omit entirely.
- Salt and Pepper – To taste!
In an airtight container in the fridge, cilantro lime dressing will stay fresh for about 5 days. Note that if you do use it as a dip, it may spoil quicker because new bacteria has been introduced to it.
Enjoy more of my favorite homemade salad dressing recipes!
Get the Recipe: Cilantro Lime Dressing Recipe
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup parsley
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 mini food processor
- Add the ingredients for the dressing to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer to an airtight container and chill for 1 hour or up to 5 days.
- Use on your favorite salad or as a marinade.