Copycat Chick Fil A Tortilla Soup
Copycat Chick Fil A Tortilla Soup is even better than your favorite drive thru staple! This homemade version of the classic Chick Fil A soup features beans, corn, veggies, chicken, and plenty of seasonings all mixed together in a deliciously creamy broth. It’s a mouthwatering soup that always hits the spot! Top it off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and enjoy every flavor packed bite.
Copycat Chick Fil A Tortilla Soup
This is a soup recipe that can definitely be served for dinner all by itself. No need for a side dish to help fill you up when your soup is loaded with as many ingredients as this one is! It’s protein packed from the chicken and beans, and it’s certainly not lacking in the flavor department. If you love the Tortilla Soup you can snag at Chick Fil A, you’ll love this even more delicious homemade version!
One of the major benefits of making this copycat recipe is that you don’t have to fight the long drive-thru lines at Chick Fil A. Plus, since you’re making this soup in your own kitchen, you can control exactly what goes into it! You can make your own serving have more or less broth, extra crunchy tortilla strips, or even some cayenne powder or jalapeños for a touch of spice. It’s your kitchen, so you get to make the rules.
Flavorful, filling, and easy to make. I think this Copycat Chick Fil A Tortilla Soup really checks all of the right boxes! It’s an easy weeknight dinner that I make pretty constantly, and my family has never once complained about how frequently they’re served this soup. Especially with the colder months just around the corner, I know this bold Tortilla Soup will be on my dinner table all the time!
How to Make It
This homemade Tortilla Soup is so easy to make – no drive-thru or long lines required!
Cook the first few ingredients. In a large soup pot over low, add your butter and saute your onion, red bell pepper and garlic just until translucent. Add in your tomatoes with green chiles. Next add in your salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and sugar. Stir to combine.
Add the broth, beans, corn, and chicken. Next add in your chicken broth and stir. Add in 1 can of navy beans, the black beans, the corn and the chicken. Stir everything together.
Simmer the soup. Bring up heat to medium and let soup come to a bubble. Let simmer 30 minutes.
Mash the beans. In a medium bowl, place the reserved can of navy beans. Using a fork or spoon, mash the beans up until they get a little mushy and thick. Add the mashed beans to the pot and stir.
Make it creamy. In a small bowl, add your sour cream and a few spoonfuls of the hot soup broth. Whisk the sour cream with the soup broth until smooth. Add to the soup and stir. Finally, add in your heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
Garnish and enjoy! Squeeze in your lime juice. Top with tortilla strips and cilantro.
Variations to Try
- You can use rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your own. It’ll save a little time.
- Like it spicy? Add diced jalapeños at the beginning of this recipe. Using hot Rotel tomatoes with green chilis will also add a kick!
- Swap the parsley for cilantro if you love that fresh cilantro flavor.
- Feel free to top this soup off with a sprinkle of shredded cheese.
In an airtight container in the fridge, any leftovers you have of this Tortilla Soup will stay fresh for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing it.
Be a proud copycat with these easy recipes!
- Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets
- Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- Copycat Chipotle Sofritas
Get the Recipe: Copycat Chick Fil a Tortilla Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 10 ounce can rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 ounce cans navy beans, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can yellow corn, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Juice of one lime
- Cilantro for garnish
- Tortilla strips for garnish
- Slices jalapenos and lime for garnish, optional
- dutch oven
- In a large soup pot over low, add your butter and saute your onion, red bell pepper and garlic just until translucent.
- Add in your tomatoes with green chiles.
- Next add in your salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne and sugar.
- Stir to combine.
- Next add in your chicken broth and stir.
- Add in 1 can of navy beans, the black beans, the corn and the chicken.
- Stir everything together.
- Bring up heat to medium and let soup come to a bubble.
- Let simmer 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl place the reserved can of navy beans.
- Using a fork or spoon mash the beans up until they get a little mushy and thick.
- Add the mashed beans to the pot and stir
- In a small bowl add your sour cream and a few spoonfuls of the hot soup broth.
- Whisk the sour cream with the soup broth until smooth.
- Add to the soup and stir.
- Finally add in your heavy whipping cream and stir to combine.
- Squeeze in your lime juice.
- Top with tortilla strips and cilantro.
Top this with shredded cheese for a little extra extra!
Add jalapenos at the beginning of the cooking process with the other veggies to spice it up!