Crispy Baked Goldfish Cracker Fish Sticks
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GoldfishMix #Walmart #CollectiveBias
Super tasty cheddar Goldfish® crackers are used as a crispy crust in this twist on the classic fish stick recipe. Crispy Baked Goldfish Cracker Fish Sticks are so fun to make and are quick to bake for easy weeknight dinners. So easy to whip up a child could do it.
One of the things about being a mom is you constantly question whether you’re good at the job or not. It’s like a daily appraisal of yourself in which you never get a raise, no matter how great you are at your job. I often wonder how I would rate if someone else were to give me an annual review…but then at the end of the day, I’m so exhausted that if they had anything critical to say I may go bat poop crazy on them. So, it’s best that this process doesn’t exist anywhere except on the playground by other judging moms that you may encounter. Ever critical of each little thing you do or do not do. Like letting your kids watch their favorite show on Netflix non-stop so you can get some work done. Or letting them wield a knife in the kitchen. 🙂
I try to get my kids to help in the kitchen as much as I can. I think they feel a sense of importance when they are given a small task like peeling an orange or crushing some crackers. Bonus points for a recipe where they are able to be involved for the entire cooking process. That’s how I created this recipe for our favorite Crispy Baked Goldfish Fish Sticks. They’re so easy to make my 5 year old son can make them himself. And he does. And he’s helped me out today to show you how.
We always have Goldfish crackers in the house for easy snacks. Give either one of my kids a bag of Goldfish crackers and you made their day…seriously. What can I say, they’re easy to please. So, when I’m looking for a quick meal with a little crunch…I always go for the Goldfish crackers. I’m always able to find a good deal on Goldfish Crackers at my local Walmart on rollback and I like to stock up! These Crispy Baked Goldfish Cracker Fish Sticks come together in a flash and bake just as quickly. You’ll have dinner on the table within 25 minutes and your kids will love that they were able to help out.
To make the Crispy Baked Goldfish Cracker Fish Sticks, place the Goldfish crackers in a zip top bag and close it tight.
Using a rolling pin, crush the crackers
until they become a fine crumb.
Have an adult cut the fish into bite sized pieces, then dredge the fish in flour,
Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
Get the Recipe: Crispy Baked Goldfish® Cracker Fish Sticks
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar Goldfish® crackers
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Pour the Goldfish® crackers in a zip top bag and crush with a mallet or rolling pin until a fine crumb forms. Place the crushed crackers in a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- Place the flour in a pie plate or shallow bowl. Whisk in the salt and pepper, set aside. Place the milk in another shallow bowl and set aside.
- Dredge the fish in the flour, then the milk and coat with the cracker crumbs. Place the coated fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray (I like to line my baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.) Repeat with the remaining fish. Transfer the fish to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.