The Best Cucumber Salad
Light, refreshing and crisp, the Very Best Creamy Cucumber Salad is a lightened rendition of a family favorite. Fresh cucumbers are tossed with a tangy dressing made with Greek yogurt and combined with peppery red onions. Simple and satisfying.
I never thought I was a picky eater as a child…but raising a picky eater has made me look back to my childhood and analyze the foods I loved while growing up. The list was short….surprisingly short and I don’t know how/when I turned a corner into full blown “have to eat all the things” foodie.
But it happened…I went from only eating corn, hot dogs (not made on the grill, only boiled), fried chicken (not homemade in any way, had to come from a store) and cucumber salad…to eating anything that happened to be in front of me.
Now, because I eat anything in sight, sometimes I forget to make the classics. Like my favorite creamy cucumber salad recipe even though it’s super simple to make and goes with absolutely any cookout food on the planet.
I love it, it’s as refreshing as a glass of water on a hot summer day. The crisp cucumbers are tossed in a creamy dressing and then chilled until you’re ready to serve. It’s one of the BEST Cucumber Salads you’ll ever make.
How To Make Cucumber Salad
This Creamy Cucumber Onion Salad…..it’s simply summer in a bowl and I’ve lightened it up just a tad from the recipe I grew up with. Even though it’s a healthier cucumber salad than the classic, it’s still rich, creamy and full of tangy flavor.
- Toss the sliced cucumbers and onions to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper, dill and parsley.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Very Best Cucumber Salad take minutes to make. It’s the classic summer cookout dish and is wonderful for an impromptu get together. I can literally have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes for drop in guests since I always have the ingredients at my fingertips.
I like to add the honey to the Cucumber Salad Dressing just to offset the tanginess of the vinegar. You can totally skip the honey if you prefer to keep things sugar free, that’s totally fine with me. I get it.
Also, if you want to use sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt, that’s totally cool, too. Just use the same amount sour cream as yogurt is called for in the recipe below.
You can totally stash this quick cucumber salad in the fridge for up to five days in an airtight container. It’s great to make in advance for parties, too, because it’s actually better the next day!
- The Very Best Oven Baked Chicken
- Carolina BBQ Chicken
- Easy Lobster Rolls
- Grilled Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken
- Truly Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
More FRESH and EASY Salad Recipes
- Easy Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
- Black Eyed Pea and Corn Salad
- Chili Spiced Mango Guacamole Salad
- Loaded Iceberg Wedge Salad
- Italian Lentil Salad
- Greek Cucumber Salad
We’re pretty active lately over on Instagram sharing everything that’s going on behind the scenes in our stories…..if you’re looking for more recipe inspiration…be sure to follow us over there, too!
Get the Recipe: The Best Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 English Cucumbers, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 kitchen knife
- 1 mixing bowl
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumbers with the red onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar and honey until smooth.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber mixture and toss gently.
- Stir in the parsley and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.