Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Crockpot Hot Chocolate is so thick, creamy, and rich with chocolatey goodness! All you have to do is toss all of the simple ingredients into the slow cooker and let them melt into the most perfect concoction of smooth hot chocolate. It’s so easy to make and great for sipping on all holiday season long!
We include links to products we use to create this recipe. We may be compensated for purchases made using these links. Thank you for supporting our site.
Crockpot Hot Chocolate
This really might be the BEST hot chocolate. Okay, I know I have quite a few hot chocolate recipes that I’m obsessed with… But none of them are quite as easy to make as this one! Plus, it features real chocolate chips and chopped chocolate, so you get that real chocolate flavor you’re craving. Toss out those instant packets from the store, because we all know they just don’t cut it.
So, what makes this hot chocolate recipe easier than all of the others? The Crockpot essentially does all of the work for you! After you measure and pour your ingredients, you just have to set a timer for 1 hour and practice your patience while your kitchen fills with rich chocolatey smells. It’s better than any candle you could ever buy!
When I say this stuff is smooth, I really mean it. Heavy cream, whole milk and sweetened condensed milk all come together to make every sip so very luscious and rich! It’s just sweet enough to enhance the chocolate without making it too sugary sweet and the consistency is nice and thick while still being easy to drink. Top your mug off with some mini marshmallows and enjoy every last drop of this pretty perfect hot chocolate!
How to Make the Hot Chocolate in the Crockpot
Everyone in your house is going to gather around the kitchen asking “what’s that smell” and “what are you making?” You’ve been warned!
- Mix it together. Measure all of the ingredients and add them to the Crockpot. Give the mixture a gentle stir to combine.
- Cook. Cover the Crockpot and cook the hot chocolate on low for 1 hour. Stir every once in a while. The hot chocolate is ready when the chocolate is melted and it’s nice and smooth with no lumps.
- ENJOY! Top each mug off with some mini marshmallows, serve, and enjoy with a smile. You can even pop the marshmallows right into the slow cooker if you’d prefer.
Tips for the BEST Homemade Hot Chocolate
Here are just a few tips and tricks to keep in mind to make this easy process even easier!
- Make sure the temperature on the Crockpot is set to low. If it’s too hot, it’ll melt everything a bit too fast and you risk burning the hot chocolate. At a low temperature, you give everything time to really melt and blend to perfection. Don’t forget to stir it every once in a while!
- Try not to swap any of the dairy ingredients. You can try to opt for soy milk or some plant based alternatives if you’d like, but I can’t guarantee that the flavor and/or consistency will be the same at all.
- For a much richer and less sweet flavor, you can substitute the semisweet chocolate and milk chocolate for dark chocolate. Just keep in mind that your hot chocolate WILL taste like dark chocolate with just a touch of sweetness, so only make those swaps if you really love that signature bitter flavor.
You’ll love sipping on this homemade Hot Chocolate while you decorate your Christmas tree, watch movies with the family, and all of your other favorite holiday activities. There’s no bad way to enjoy some cocoa this good!
Programmable Slow Cooker
We love this Programmable Slow Cooker by CrockPot for it’s budget friendly bells and whistles. It has an auto warm function that’s perfect for your hot chocolate.
I’m a real hot chocolate lover. Be sure to check out more of my favorite festive cocoa recipes!
- Polar Express Hot Chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Bomb
- Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
Get the Recipe: CrockPot Hot Chocolate
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups marshmallows, optional
- 1 crockpot
- Combine the milk, heavy cream, chocolate, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and kosher salt in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until the chocolate is melted and the hot chocolate is smooth.
- Add the marshmallows, if using, and serve.