Easy Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
Skip the take out, this Easy Beef Stir Fry recipe is made with tender beef, fresh veggies and rice noodles….and it’s on the table in just 30 minutes. Drenched in a simple stir fry sauce that’s so satisfying you’ll use it on everything.
Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
Hey, hey, it’s Monday! And instead of belly aching about having a case of the Monday’s I’m going to try (at least this week) to look at it as a fresh start. New week, new goals, new shoes. Well, maybe not new shoes….today but how about a new recipe! An easy recipe that you can get on the table in minutes and looks like a rainbow exploded in your kitchen….that’s what this Easy Beef Stir Fry recipe is. An easy rainbow explosion.
I used to make stir fry all the time, so many varieties like this easy stir fry beef and snow peas from years ago and THIS 10 minute pepper steak recipe. They’re super fast to make and loaded with good for you ingredients which I kinda need right now because I’ve been eating a ton of airport food. It does things to the digestive tract….that airport food. 🙂
On one of my trips, we had a chopped cooking challenge where we partnered up and had to whip up a beef dish in a matter of minutes with limited supporting ingredients. My first thought was beef stir fry…..because it’s always busting at the seams with epic flavor. Then, my partner found rice noodles. And, to me, there’s nothing better than stir fried noodles.
How do you make Beef Stir Fry?
Making Beef Stir Fry with noodles is super, duper easy! Most of the work is in the preparation of the veggies but you can shorten your time in the kitchen by grabbing some pre chopped veggies at your local grocery store.
- Prep your beef and vegetables ahead of time. Slice the beef into 2 inch long strips cutting across the grain. This will ensure your beef is not chewy and stays tender during the cooking process.
- Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Place a high sided pan or wok over high heat. Add oil and garlic to the pan. Cook the garlic for one minute and then remove the garlic from the pan so it doesn’t burn. Adding the garlic to the oil will flavor the oil which will then flavor your other ingredients.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove the beef from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the peppers and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the carrots and snow peas, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Stir the cooked rice noodles and beef into the veggies.
- Pour the stir fry sauce into the pan and toss all the ingredients to coat.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
What kind of beef do you use for stir fry?
I like to use skirt steak for stir fry. The meat stays tender during the cooking process and it has a deep beefy flavor, which I love. It’s a little on the pricier side so you can use a less expensive sirloin steak if you’d like.
How do you make stir fry beef tender?
Buying the right cut will help keep your beef stir fry tender so don’t use a chuck roast or some other meat what would require long braising times to tenderize. I like the skirt steak best, as I mentioned before.
But you’ll also want to be sure to cut your steak across the grain so that your beef is not chewy and will melt in your mouth.
How To Make Stir Fry Sauce
Stir fry sauce is so simple to make, I like to add a bit of citrus for a pop of fresh flavor. Simply whisk together soy sauce, honey, chili sauce, hoisin sauce, mirin (rice wine), sesame oil, fish sauce, fresh ginger, minced garlic and orange juice.
You can make your stir fry sauce in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use. I love to use it on chicken, shrimp, beef and veggie stir fry. It’s just loaded with so much flavor, it’s pretty insane.
What To Serve It With
I love to serve this healthy Beef Stir Fry with noodles to my family during the week for an easy, quick dinner that comes together in minutes. Meal prepping is perfect for this recipe since you can cut everything up on Sunday and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to throw dinner together.
You can also serve this Beef Stir Fry with rice if you’d like….we love it with this easy Cauliflower Rice! And it makes your dinner even lighter than before, perfect if you’re on a low carb diet.
Need a little green? This easy Bok Choy is the perfect addition!
Just in case you were wondering, my friend and I didn’t win the chopped challenge on our trip but we did come out ahead with the speediest and BEST Beef Stir Fry recipe ever made. To see what else I have going on behind the scenes….be sure to follow along over on Instagram!
More Easy Stir Fry Recipes
- Super Easy Mongolian Beef
- Easy Spicy Szechuan Chicken Stir Fry
- Simple Szechuan Pierogi Recipe
- Easy Hunan Shrimp
Get the Recipe: Easy Beef Stir Fry with Rice Noodles
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup small button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped snow peas
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- chopped green onions
- sesame seeds
- In medium bowl, whisk together the orange juice, soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice wine, ginger, chili garlic sauce, fish sauce and sesame oil. Set aside.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Turn off the heat and add the rice noodles to the pot. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the steak into 1/4 inch wide strips by cutting across the grain. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a high sided skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Cook the garlic for 1 minute or until fragrant. Remove the garlic from the pan and reserve.
- Add the steak to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until brown on all sides. Transfer the steak to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the onion to the pan, cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and bell pepper, cook for an additional 1-2 minutes,
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the carrots and snow peas cooking for an additional minute.
- Add the noodles and beef to the vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the beef stir fry and toss to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes tossing a few times to allow the sauce to thicken and caramelize.
- To serve, top the stir fry with sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.