Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Lighter than most restaurant versions but still rich and creamy, this easy Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing is made completely from scratch. Just a few simple ingredients are blended until smooth for the most perfect salad topper or wing dip you could ever imagine.
Blue Cheese Dressing
Salads aren’t one of my favorites to dig into during the winter months but top it with a tangy, flavor packed dressing and I’m all in. My favorite is Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing which can definitely add inches to the waistline if you’re not careful. But this easy dressing recipe shaves off a few calories while pumping up the flavor.
A more flavorful salad dressing allows you to less of it, also cutting back on the calories. And this easy Blue Cheese Salad dressing can be made in minutes with just a handful of ingredients you may already have in your kitchen.
What is Blue Cheese Dressing?
Make any salad better with a homemade Salad dressing. Steakhouses are famous for the Blue Cheese Wedge Salad, which our entire household loves so I wanted to make one at home. The key is a great dressing made with blue cheese.
Blue Cheese Dressing is a popular sauce for steaks or burgers, dressing for salads or dips for chips and buffalo wings. It’s commonly made with crumbled blue cheese, a creamy element like buttermilk or mayonnaise and seasonings. It’s a must have at any tailgating party, for sure!
How To Make Blue Cheese Dressing
When I first made this blue cheese dressing from scratch…..whatever I had within reach that sounded good went into this one starting with a hunk of really amazing blue cheese. The stinkier the better in my opinion.
- Crumble the blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, vinegar and Worcestershire.
- Mix the cheese into the dressing.
- Stir until smooth.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- I like to leave little lumps of blue cheese in the dressing…it’s kind of like a prize for eating a salad.
What To Serve It With
And if you’re having wings next week while watching the game….you know what to dip them in. Don’t ya?
Get the Recipe: Blue Cheese Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, yogurt, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce until smooth, mashing the blue cheese with a fork to break it apart.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.