Easy Spaghetti Pie Recipe
A fantastic way to use up leftover spaghetti and sauce! This Easy Spaghetti Pie recipe is a family favorite, so simple to make and a fun twist to the usual spaghetti and meatballs dinner. Great for entertaining, too!
Baked Spaghetti Pie
We ate a ton of spaghetti growing up and there were always leftovers in the fridge. I wasn’t a big leftover fan (and I don’t think my mom was either) because spaghetti would either end up in the trash or morphed into something a little different like a fun frittata or Spaghetti Pie.
It was always a pleasant surprise to see Spaghetti Pie on the table, it’s just so impressive with the crispy edges and melty cheese blanketing the top. And since it was a pie shape, everyone got exactly the same proportion of ingredients served on their plate. No fighting over who had more cheese and who had more meat.
We still eat a ton of spaghetti these days and I’m happy to say…..this Spaghetti Pie happens frequently with whatever is leftover.
How To Make It
A baked Spaghetti Pie is a great way to use up leftover pasta but it’s just as easy to make if you have to spend 7-8 minutes boiling a new batch of spaghetti. This is more like a baked spaghetti casserole assembled in a springform pan than a pie. In fact, if you don’t own a springform pan, you can easily make this in a regular baking dish.
Cook 1 pound spaghetti to just al dente, approximately 7 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook the beef, onion, garlic and seasonings in a skillet until browned.
Whisk together the ricotta, sauce, parsley and seasonings.
Toss the pasta with the sauce, cheese and beef.
Stir in the cheese.
Transfer the spaghetti mixture to a pan or baking dish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
If you want to make it even more extra special, use my favorite homemade pasta sauce and this easy Ricotta Cheese! Nothing is better than freshly made ricotta.
What to Serve It With
I love to serve this Easy Spaghetti Pie recipe when entertaining because it’s a great dish to assemble in advance…since it’s kind of like leftovers revamped even if you’re cooking everything when you make it.
Then you can just throw it in the oven right before serving, remove from the pan and serve while your guests “ooooh and ahhhhh”. It’s fantastic served with a simple salad and a bit of crusty bread. Or you could make this super easy Loaded Iceberg Wedge Salad for a few ooo’s and ahhh’s.
Variations on Spaghetti Pie
And the best part about this Easy Baked Spaghetti Pie recipe is you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand. If you’re not a fan of ground beef, use turkey or sausage. Or leave out the meat entirely for a completely meat-free dinner.
Add mushrooms, peppers or broccoli, if you want. It’s great when using this leftover Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (if you even HAVE leftovers) or to use up the rest of your Vodka Sauce. Throw in a little extra cheese (that’s what I usually do) and enjoy a totally decadent meal without slaving away all night long. The pie is yours!
More Easy Baked Pasta Recipes
If you’re looking for even more baked pasta recipes you MUST try this Baked Ziti.….it’s the BEST thing EVER! And this easy weeknight Baked Florentine Pasta is a hit with the kids. We also love this Baked Gnocchi because it literally takes minutes to prepare.
Or make it extra cheesy with this Baked Tortellini Al Forno!
For more easy family recipe ideas, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!
Get the Recipe: Easy Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water for 6 to 7 minutes or until almost al dente. (The pasta will continue cooking in the oven.). Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon and pour the fat from the pan.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook the onion until softened, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the Italian seasoning and onion powder. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sauce, ricotta cheese, parsley and eggs. Add the onions and seasonings.
- Toss the pasta and beef with the sauce mixture to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Transfer the spaghetti mixture to a 8-inch springform pan or 9 inch deep dish pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the pie.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve immediately.
4 Comments on “Easy Spaghetti Pie Recipe”
Hi Kellie, I saw this recipe over on RecipeGirl.com. I made it last night and it was a BIG hit with my husband! Thank you so much for this simple and delicious recipe! Very glad I found your most excellent blog!!
Thank you so much for coming over and commenting! I love that recipe, it’s perfect family comfort food and I’m so thrilled you enjoyed it!
loved loved the spaghetti pie I loved the banana chocolate chip bread. You have awesome easy recipes. Thank You.
Thank you so much!