Everything Bagel Brioche Bread Recipe
Buttery, rich Everything Bagel Brioche Bread is a big slice of heaven. Baked to perfection, this fluffy loaf of bread is topped with Everything Bagel seasoning to give it a modern update. Fantastic for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
Bread and I go together like…..well, bread and butter. It’s one of those things that I could eat all day, every day if it wasn’t so unforgiving on the waistline. And the scale. And my jeans. But freshly baked bread, still warm from the oven, is my biggest weakness and this Everything Bagel Brioche Bread has stolen my heart forever.
Inspired by the OG French Brioche recipe, this easy to make Everything Bagel Brioche Bread is a little sweet, a little savory and is so ridiculously tasty you don’t really even need anything else on it. But it does make the most insane sandwiches ever….to make your coworkers extra jealous….ya dig?
My favorite way to enjoy this Everything Bagel Brioche Bread is lightly toasted with a schmear of cream cheese and some thin slices of smoked salmon. Kinda like the traditional lox and bagels but without the heavy, dense bagel. This Brioche bread is light and airy but still rich and buttery without being so dense that it weighs you down like a brick.
What is Brioche?
If you love bread, you will love homemade Brioche! Brioche is a french pastry that’s similar to a highly enriched bread but with a higher egg and butter content leaving you with a rich and tender yeast bread.
What makes brioche different than most breads?
Brioche bread contains much more butter and eggs than regular bread recipes. And, most times, brioche recipes also call for added sugar. It’s thought that brioche is a sweet bread due to the added sugar but it’s not as sweet as you’d think and leans more towards a buttery flavor.
This easy Brioche Bread recipe is topped with my favorite Everything Bagel Seasoning, if you don’t want to make it yourself you can totally find it at the grocery store or your local Trader Joe’s definitely carries it under the name Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
How do you store Brioche?
You can store your brioche recipe at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days…..if it lasts that long.
You can also FREEZE your brioche for several months. Simply wrap your baked brioche loaf with plastic wrap and then foil. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
OR you can freeze your brioche dough for up to 6 months wrapped tightly with plastic wrap and then foil. To bake previously frozen brioche dough, allow to come to room temperature before unwrapping. Transfer to the baking sheet or loaf pan. Bake according to the recipe directions below.
Can this brioche recipe be made into brioche rolls?
You can totally make this brioche recipe into dinner rolls, sandwich rolls and burger rolls. Divide the dough into equal amounts and roll into balls. Allow the dough to rise and then bake.
Adjust the baking time depending on the size of your brioche rolls as the smaller size rolls will not need to bake as long.
My favorite way to eat Everything Bagel Brioche Bread is just slathered with a thick helping of butter and then heated in the microwave for about 10 seconds. You can also use it to make grilled cheese or paninis….it’s so fantastic for any lunch recipe.
Here are a few reader favorites you can use this Everything Bagel Brioche for:
- Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- BEST Tarragon Chicken Salad
- Ross Geller’s Leftover Thanksgiving Sandwich
- Short Rib and Taleggio Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Want even more easy brioche recipes? Try these family favorites:
Everything Bagel BRIOCHE Bread RECIPE
Buttery and rich Brioche recipe is topped with a savory Everything Bagel Seasoning for maximum flavor.
- 1/3 cup warm water about 110 degrees
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast not rapid rise
- 2 1/3 cups super fine pastry flour or cake flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces unsalted butter cut into 1 inch cubes at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Whisk the water and yeast in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes until completely dissolved. Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, sift together the pastry flour, all-purpose flour, sugar and salt.
- Turn the mixer on low and add the eggs to the bowl 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Slowly add the yeast and continue beating at low speed for 5 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Turn the mixer on low and beat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the butter cubes 1/3 at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each addition. Once the butter has been added, beat for 10 more minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rest in a warm place until doubled in size, approximately 3 hours.
- Turn the dough out on a well floured surface and gently knead out the air bubbles. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and divide the dough in half.
- Shape the dough into 2 rectangles and place into two buttered 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 3 inch loaf pans.
- Allow the dough to rise, uncovered, in a warm place until it rises about 1/2 inch above the top of the pans, approximately 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the Everything Bagel Seasoning evenly over the top of both loaves and press gently to adhere.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the brioche until it is golden brown on top, approximately 30-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the bread out of the pans and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- If not serving immediately, wrap the hot bread in foil and set aside at room temperature for up to 2 days.
If not serving immediately, wrap the hot bread in foil and set aside at room temperature for up to 2 days.
To freeze, wrap the hot bread in foil and place in a resealable freezer bag. Freeze promptly. Can be frozen up to 2 months. When ready to use, reheat in foil in a 250 degree oven until heated through, approximately 20-25 minutes