Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich
Bright, fresh and summery! Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches have a light, fruity flavor that is fantastic for summer. Light on mayo, this simple chicken salad recipe is fantastic all year long.
Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad
Who’s been spending as much time outside as possible lately? The weather has been on the upswing with bright, sunny days and much warmer temperatures. It has me craving lazy days in the park with a picnic basket packed with goodies. Light, fresh flavor has been key in making my favorite lunch staples a little more summery like this Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich.
Just like my favorite Chicken Waldorf salad, this Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad is a twist on the classic chicken salad recipe. Punched up with fresh lemon zest, lemon juice and fresh tarragon, it’s soon to become a summer favorite in your family too!
How to Make Chicken Salad
An easy chicken salad recipe is quick and simple to make with cooked chicken breast. This simple Roasted Chicken Breast is our go-to for prepping ahead.
Toss all your chicken salad ingredients in a big bowl and stir to combine.
I like to make a big batch of this Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad recipe to keep for the week so I can whip up quick sandwiches on the fly.
Ingredients For Chicken Salad Sandwiches
The main ingredients in classic chicken salad recipes are usually pre-cooked chicken breast (I like to use THIS Roasted Chicken Breast recipe), chopped celery, red onion and a light mayonnaise based dressing. You can also make this recipe quickly using a Rotisserie Chicken!
It’s a great starting point to then add your favorite twists on chicken salad like I did with this Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad recipe. Fresh ingredients like lemon and tarragon really punch up the flavor for summertime making this the very BEST Chicken Salad recipe you’ll ever make.
And it’s absolutely amazing on top of a light, fluffy bun!
Chicken Salad Variations
You can spice up your chicken salad recipe any way you like, that’s one thing I love about this easy dish. Here are a few of our favorite add-ins:
- Dried Cranberries
- Chopped Walnuts
- Stir in a spoonful of The Best Basil Pesto
- Diced Apples
- Sliced Grapes
- A pinch of Everything Bagel Spice!
More Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
- The Best EVER Tuna Salad
- Easy Classic Egg Salad
- Southern Style Ham Salad
- Hummus Avocado Toast
For more easy recipes and behind the scenes antics follow along over on Instagram!
Get the Recipe: Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 Sara Lee Artesano Bakery Buns
- Leaf lettuce, if desired
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, celery, red onion, parsley, tarragon and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the chicken ant stir to combine.
- Divide the chicken salad evenly among the bottom half of the rolls and top with lettuce, if desired. Place the top half of the roll on the sandwich and serve immediately.
4 Comments on “Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwich”
This sandwich looks incredible!
Such a good Summer lunch! Love all these flavors!
This is great lunch meal prep for the week! Loving the fresh lemon and tarragon in this chicken salad!
Love the amazing flavors in this. Perfect for a cool dinner or to have on hand for lunch!